chapter 13

chapter 13

Once the conversation ended with the two friends the twins found themselves in a sort of daze. "She was beautiful." "He was cute." The twins said in unison. They gave each other a small smile. They were similar in many ways, their sexuality being one of them. They were both bisexual, though neither of them had many meaningful relationships in their lives. They got many strange looks as they walked down the street grinning madly.

When the twins got home they were scolded for taking so long. Hazel wasn't entirely serious when she told them off, she was more curious about what held them up and why they were grinning from ear-to-ear. She had assumed that they were just getting to know the place a little bit more and so surprise filled her when the twins said they spoke to the new people. "Their names are Laylian and Sylvester. They seemed pretty cool." Kelso said with a smile still on her face. They were having their dinner so they were all sat on the settee with the television on in the background.

"Yes they said that they were going to be join us at school." Tyrell mentioned with a small blush on his face. This caused Kelso to nod in agreement , her hair swishing with the movement. They were both excited at the prospect of having someone to hang out with. The four new people to the school sticking together seemed like something that would happen in a movie.

"This is very exciting! Perhaps Dawn was correct when she said this will be good for all of us! A new beginning, and some friends already." Hazel was ecstatic at the thought of the twins getting some friends at school, whatever made their stay here happy and more comfortable she will be happy about and grateful for.

"I mean, They seem cool but they were a bit odd...Laylian almost immediately asked us if we were going to school, she didn't even know our names." Kelso muttered a little bit whilst furrowing her brow. It was a bit obvious if someone were to look closely at what they were wearing that it was the uniform. Laylian seemed very interested in it. Kelso could still somewhat feel her eyes, as though she was trying her very best to memorise every stitch.

"It's understandable though." Tyrell pointed with his fork "We would probably do the same if we bumped into someone our age wearing a uniform." This caused Kelso to shrug before thinking it over. He wasn't entirely correct, she would probably ask them if they went to the high school but she doubted that Tyrell would. Tyrell is too reserved to ask this straight away.

"Well you two had a very long day. I hope that you both have a good rest tonight. So you can be lively and ready to talk with your new friends!" Hazel cheered as she stood up, collecting the dishes and heading into the kitchen. The twins could hear the tap turn on and made a silent agreement to help. They waited a few moments before heading into the kitchen. They both entered and gave their nanna a kiss on the cheeks before Tyrell took the cloth from her hands and Kelso got one of the towels from the radiator.

They liked to think that they were being helpful at least if they were going to be living there a while. They weren't going to make their nanna do all the work for three people, especially if it was a simple task like doing the dishes.

That night when they lay down to go to sleep, both of the twins were rather troubled with their dreams. The twins didn't often have similar sleeping patterns or experiences. The dream that they shared that night was not one of a comforting nature , it wasn't necessarily bad but it left them feeling...strange. Strange was the best way to describe their dream.

The twins were at the entrance of the forest, the one that was opposite the school. They recognised it because they could actually see a part of the building behind them. They were very quiet, as were the nature that was surrounding them . Everything seemed quiet and peaceful. They were just walking in the forest with their sibling. That's how it appeared to be, until they reached a stoen building of sorts.

The twins were curious, So they entered the building, which turned out to only be a staircase which was heading down. There was some sort of lantern to the right of them on the stone wall and so Tyrell decided to pick it up. It seemed almost natural for them to stay silent and let their connection lead them through the building.

The sounds of their footsteps echoed as they walked down the stairs, Tyrell making less noise then Kelso, even in their dreams she is more heavy footed. As they reached the bottom of the stairs they faced a large wooden door. The wooden door had two brass handles. it had a large key hole underneath the right handle. Though it seemed that they didn't need a key as the door opened right in front of them.

What was presented to them was glorious, it was as though they had stepped into a whole new world. A world of magic and mystery. It was a room, though the walls itself felt alive. It was a wide space and there was a load of wildlife around, Kelso was busy looking at the butterflies and the little insects whilst Tyrell had sworn that he saw a deer.

As they walked further into the room they weren't surprised to see a body of water. This place was so strange, hardly anything would surprise them. The body of water was what separated them from an island of sorts. Though the water wasn't very deep, they felt as though it would not be wise to step into the water.

As they looked closer at the water they saw some symbols, they looked like hieroglyphics but they were a little more detailed. Even though they were more detailed, it was still difficult for them to make out. It took them a little while to realize that they didn't need the lantern anymore and so it was at this moment when Tyrell placed the lantern down.

Though it was at this time where the large window started to get dimmer and dimmer, it looked like a light bulb being turned off or down. All the wildlife seemed to be spooked as the once peaceful atmosphere vanished in an instant. All the creatures ran to hide whilst the shadow took over the room. There was a breeze that chilled the twins to the bone.

Then they woke up, there was no evil voice. There was no explanation. There was no sense of reassurance or finality. There was just their frantically beating hearts and wide eyes. They had never had a dream that seemed so real.