chapter 41

Chapter 41

The time that was spent in the library was short due to them being rushed out at a certain period of time. So the four of them decided to go to 'treats no tricks'just for a nice sit down and a treat after what they had been through. Kelso ahd sat down with a brownie, Tyrell had a coffee, Laylian had a small cupcake whilst Sylvester had a cup of tea and a cookie. It was a simple and very relaxing outing. They made the most of it whilst it lasted .

The plan was for half of them to go and talk to dawn at some point whilst the other two went back into the forest. Just in case they needed to go back to the place. Of course the humans would have a fae partner. They would all do it together if they had the chance but they wanted to do it as quick as possible. The looming darkness seemed very present now that the fae were aware of it.

Hazel was more then happy to have the fae sleep over. She had started to realize the bonds that they were making and if she was honest with herself she thought that they made rather cute couples. She was secretly wanting Laylian and Kelso to get together along with Sylvester and Tyrell. Hazel wanted her grandchildren to have the happiness that she had with her husband and the two friends seemed to give them that.

There was nothing much else to do that night other then a lot of googling. Though when someone looks up 'fae' or 'dark fae' in google the majority that comes up is about things such as the tooth fairy or creatures that lure humans to dance till their deaths. Sylvester had mentioned that the latter would not be out of the question for the dark fae perhaps making appearances in the past as it is within their power to make humans do that. Though it was a dead end as he didn't really know anyone who would want to do that with no further motive.

There was a lot of information on the internet about alternative and different dimensions although it seemed to be mainly focusing on science fiction and fantasy. Though the fae are rather fantastical , it was hard to tell fact from fiction. The four friends decided to call ti a night after spending the afternoon in Hazel's back garden with their laptops and a little bit of homework.

The friends already seemed to get used to the routine of going to sleep and having a good restful night together. The night was still and silent as the four escaped from the world of the living to a world of dreams. There wasn't much noticeable in any of their dreams but the humans seemed to have a feeling of déjà vu.

They got flashes of random objects within their dreams, or at least that is what they felt like when the two of them woke up. For all they knew they could have been dreaming normally and the objects just stood out to them. Tow of which being a book and an eye, things which reminded the humans of the place that they had been to in their dreams and then wandered to in the forest.

The school day whizzed by very quickly. Bryan, Erin, Brandon nor Alex were in school once again though this was a good thing for the four friends. They aimed to get everything sorted and find all the information that they need before the others returned back to school. The four friends did not go to the library that evening . They had decided to split up and put their plan into action.

Kelso and Laylian had went into the forest to see if they could get to the place from their dreams. They were lucky that it was bright and sunny out that day. It would not have been favourable if the rain was harsh and the sky was black. The woods were beautiful but the darkness in the forest would make it rather unsettling.

The boys were talking to Hazel about the history of the forest and the town. Passing it off as being interested in the forest where they went camping the other day. They had told them what happened with the group they went camping with . Hazel was about ready to go hunt them down one by one , though they were stuck in the conversation so much that the anger started to evaporate.

"school uniforms weren't meant for this at all." Laylian said as she tried her best to not get her uniform covered in mud. "we probably should have went and got changed before we did this." It was nearing six 'o'clock in the evening but they weren't worried about the time as they focused on where they were going. They were very successful in re-tracing their footsteps as they made it to where they set up camp in nearly no time.

"yeah you would think they were meant for sitting in all through a work day with no physical activity, movement or comfort." Kelso joked with a sassy tone. It caught Laylian off guard for a moment but in the end she gave a chuckle and a shake of the head. They continued on their walk , making polite and happy conversation as they went. There was something on Kelso's mind , something that she couldn't shake.

"So..." Kelso began awkwardly as she scratched her arm. "Do fae and humans...get along?" The question was a simple one, one that she hoped dint' give away much of the meaning behind why she asked it. From what she had seen the fae weren't' the nicest to humans, though she had met three ,or four ,or more she didn't know, she didn't feel like she had enough experience on the fae to make a valid judgement.

"well ti depends..." Laylian trailed off a little bit in thought as she tried to come up with a way to say what she meant. "it depends on the human and on the fae." The two of them were reaching the stone building by now which caused Kelso to check her gps and she saw that they had travelled in a straight line for around an hour. "most fae loved humans and wanted to live with them whilst the dark fae wanted to control and rule them. However it depends on the fae, for example when it comes to us..."