Chapter 11

chapter 11

"Actually on my way here I saw some different people." Dawn mentioned enthusiastically. Not a lot of time had passed since Dawn arrived. There was just little bits of talk and tea happening. The twins were on the floor still doing homework whilst the two women were on the settee. The majority of the conversation was rather boring since Dawn talked about tarot cards. The twins weren't really interested and they were given some difficult homework. This didn't mean that they weren't listening though.

"New people? around here? perhaps they were just going to the shops?" Hazel questioned her friend, the twins wondered what was so interesting about newcomers or the sightings of other people they weren't used to. They had heard their names being whispered int he hallways of the school and they wondered if the town just didn't like outsiders in general.

"No...no they were just sat by the woods near the bus stop. you know opposite the school? there was a boy and a girl. They seemed to be around the twins' age. " Dawn continued, glancing over at the twins at the last part of her sentence. The twins weren't being ignorant, they just had their headphones in and the adults respected that. It was a small house and it wasn't really ideal to be cooped up in one's bedroom all day.

"Are you sure it wasn't some of those kids who are up to no good? the ones that come back and forth from the forest all the time? Last time I saw them I saw them spray painting the bus stop!" Hazel said dramatically, there were quite a few kids that aren't the politest...or the kids that don't have the best reputation around the place. It's rather easy to spot these kinds of kids though.

"No no , they were just sitting and doing nothing but talking to each other. They didn't seem to be up to any trouble from what I could see. They were utterly stunning! They were practically radiating magic and new beginnings." Dawn gushed a little bit over the two strangers that she had seen. Dawn was very good at reading people and their intentions, she was very sensitive to others and grasping a good idea of their personalities. If Dawn said that someone was a good person than it is an almost guarantee that she's correct.

"Oh I wonder if they have just moved here then, strange I hadn't heard anything . They might just be new to the area. Wouldn't it be nice if they go to Northwood?" Hazel said to Dawn though she didn't miss the twins exchanging some excited glances. The twins were hoping the same thing, perhaps if there was two more new students then they could stick together . Them four against the rest of the school. At least that way they would be guaranteed some friends to sit with at lunch.

"Yes that would be very nice, I have a feeling that they are important" Dawn pointed as though she was very much certain. Most people who talked to Dawn thought that she was rather strange and they didn't understand half of the things that she talked to them about. Though Hazel knew that Dawn was intelligent and spoke from a place of truth. "Oh no look at the time! I must be off." Dawn gasped whilst standing up. This caused the other inhabitants of the room to stand up as well. The twins liked the custom of bidding people farewell whenever someone left the house, it was reassuring that people don't leave on a negative or bad note.

"Yes, I see, I didn't realize how late it had gotten." Hazel replied whilst giving her friend a hug. The twins also gave her a hug and bid her farewell before she headed out to the rain. The twins were very tempted to go out and to the forest, not to see the two people but to just sit in the forest. Though the weather was fighting against them at the moment. They doubted that their nanna would let them go out in the rain.

In order to take up some more time before tea they decided to go upstairs and have a look around in their bedroom. There were some random books and pieces of paper from when their cousins, parents or aunts lived in the house. There were some embarrassing books or inside jokes written in the books or some very interesting drawings that the twins kept hidden for potential blackmail purposes.

It was around an hour later when their nanna knocked on their door "Tyrell, Kelso?" The twins had snapped their head up to the door at the sudden noise, they were both rather focused on what they were doing so they were rather startled. "Would you mind going to the shop for me? It seems that the expiration date on the bread wasn't entirely truthful. " Hazel chuckled at the end as she poked her head through the door. Her eyes held a gleam of fondness as she looked over what they were looking at.

"Oh yeah, we'd be happy to go!" Kelso said enthusiastically, they were getting itchy feet from being in the house. Even if they couldn't go to the forest, they would be outside and in nature somewhat. They would be able to look at people's gardens and breathe in the fresh air. It didn't take them long to put their shoes on and head out, they were still wearing their uniforms but they put a jacket or raincoat over the top.

They took in a deep breath of the outside air as soon as they closed the front door and they shared a smile. If they were honest they would love to live in a cottage or cabin one day. Out of the two of them Kelso would be the one with the cottage and Tyrell would just constantly visit. They love nature and being in touch with the natural life that they share the earth with. It didn't' take them long at all to reach the shops as they decided to go down the street with the complicated houses...which just turned out to be a short cut.

They were exiting the supermarket talking about the plants that were outside the supermarkets. They didn't think that they were very well looked after and were quite discarded on the outside of the store. Tyrell wanted to but some and take them home but Kelso reminded him that they didn't have enough money for it. They were so deep into the conversation they didn't notice two people walking towards them. They only noticed when they felt bodies collide with their own.

there was several gasps and startled noises between the four people. There was a moment of shocked and awkward silence. The male with very dark almost black hair stood slightly in front of the female with long blonde hair whilst the twins just stammered apologies "We're sorry about that- we weren't really looking...we were busy talking about plants, why did I say that?" Kelso stuttered as she looked at the female in front of her. There was no doubt in their minds that these two people were the ones Dawn was talking about, they were beautiful. They also seemed very out of place.

"It's alright, Sylvester and I weren't looking where we were going either." The female gestured to the man who was slightly in front of her, his cheeks started to turn a little pink for being mentioned but she seemed to calm him down as he gave a small smile and a wave. "Do you by any chance happen to go to the high school?" Laylian asked the twins eagerly. Laylian was almost bouncing on the balls of her feet as she held Sylvester's arm.

"...Yes we do...my name's Kelso by the way, this is my brother Tyrell." Kelso replied awkwardly, it was a sudden question to be asked by someone you literally just bumped into. Though if they were new like Dawn had said it may not be so awkward. Kelso wished that she would have gotten the female's name before she asked something like that. But the excitement that was flowing off her in waves was enough to make Kelso have a small smile .

"oh, I'm sorry! my name is Laylian and this is my friend Sylvester! We're new here and it's our first day of school tomorrow. We're a bit nervous about not knowing anyone. Do you mind if we...stick with you? "