chapter 16

Chapter 16

It didn't take them very long to get to tutor. Though the twins had to split up from Sylvester and Laylian for the fifteen minutes that it took for tutor to be finished and done. The friends awkwardly introduced themselves to the class and the tutor let them set near the front. The two were confused about the purpose of the short session. They just said "Here" when their name was called. Sylvester and Laylian were just sat looking around at the room. No-one made any attempt to come and talk to them which made Laylian a little upset, though she tried not to show it.

Luckily, it wasn't too difficult to meet up with Kelso and Tyrell after tutor. Their tutors were just across the hall from each other. Though the two fae creatures were not at all prepared for the battalion of students which picked them up and practically carried them to the class. They rode the wave of students together , struggling down some stairs and into yet another mint green corridor.

They had English class, the twins had already sat through this class yesterday. It wasn't the worst class for Kelso but Tyrell thrived in this class. Though as they entered they weren't too fond of the look the teacher was giving them. "Welcome, you must be the new students Sylvester and Laylian? Well now I was just going to have a word with the twins about this. Sylvester I would like you to sit next to Tyrell and Laylian you're with Kelso. Now no arguing , go and sit down. It'll do you some good talking to different people."

The four students didn't have any time at all to argue before the teacher was back at their desk. The four exchanged looks before Kelso went to the back row and gestured for Laylian to follow her. Sylvester and Tyrell just stood there awkwardly before Tyrell scanned the room and decided to sit on the front row. Sylvester silently followed.

"do you always sit at the back?" Laylian asked Kelso as she looked around the room. It looked like most of the other classrooms that she had seen within the school. There were rows of cream desks and gray seats. There was a purple wall which held a whiteboard and a projector was facing it so it could be used upon it for presentations. There was almost an entire wall full of windows on the right side of the room. Only a few of them could open and Laylian doubted they'd be open anytime soon due to the weather and temperature outside.

"No I usually sit at the front with Ty. Though apparently the teacher thinks that we should sit next to different people. I don't' know if it's cause we think similarly, which we do not, or if they just like having a social class. Either way I'm glad that it's you and not anyone else here." Kelso rambled on a little bit, she whispered the last part even though there were only a few people in the class. The two shared a small laugh before the lesson started.

Tyrell and Sylvester were not getting so far with the conversation. They were enjoying each other's company but neither of them felt pressured or the desire to speak. Tyrell got his reading book out after a few moments of silence which caught Sylvester's attention. On the front of the book was a person with wings. Sylvester's thoughts immediately went to Laylian and her dreams of flying. Tyrell saw his interest and sent him a small smile of understanding. He hadn't gotten to far into the book but he was finding it interesting.

Students started to pile in rather quickly. Sylvester looked increasingly uncomfortable as each person entered the room, though this was only really noticeable to Tyrell and Laylian. Kelso was still talking to Laylian. Laylian tried her best to listen but she started twirling her hair. This habit of hers shone whenever she got nervous. It took a moment for Kelso to realize that there was something on Laylian's mind.

"What's wrong?" Kelso asked Laylian. She didn't get much of an answer though. Kelso followed Laylian's line of sight until she came to spot Sylvester. "You two are really close aren't you? Don't worry , he'll be fine with Ty." Kelso sent a reassuring smile Laylian's way.

Laylian sighed and smiled "Yeah we're very close, we're best friends. I'd hate for anything to happen because I wasn't there for him. Now that I can be there for him every step of the way, I'd feel like it was my fault if anything were to happen." Laylian cleared her throat and moved a piece of hair out of her eyes "Not like anything would happen, it's just school. I'm just being silly."

"Just a little ibt, nothing much really happens in school." Kelso teased somewhat reassuringly. Though the conversation was cut a little bit short as the teacher started to talk and the lesson began. The two fae creatures were confused, nearly for the entire lesson there was a small sheen of confusion across their faces. When ti was time for them to do groupwork the twins had tried their best to help. Though Tyrell was finding it rather difficult. Sylvester didn't really know the basics of English and so Tyrell made a promise to himself, He would help Sylvester so that he wouldn't' be so confused. Tyrell didn't know anything about Sylvester's education, from what he knew Sylvester may not have had any at all. Which would have been correct.

After English, the four of them had maths. Luckily for them the tables were in groups of four and so the twins sat one one side and the two fae creatures sat on the other. It was one of those worksheet days apparently. The days in class where your teacher presents an idea and expects you to fill a worksheet out surrounding the idea. This was very fortunate as all the fae creatures had to do was copy what had happened at the start of the lesson. They also used the number grid that the twins showed them were in their planners. The fae creatures left that classroom with a sense of pride. They could actually do this.