chapter 32

chapter 32

"what? why would you agree to that" Sylvester asked somewhat angrily as he paced the living room. The two fae were home alone. It was that afternoon afterschool and they were just sat on the settee watching the television. Well they were before Laylian brought up the conversation that she had with Brandon and Alex.

"because, I want to make more friends! you've seen what its like! people don't usually only have three friends.." Laylian tried to explain but she was almost begging for him to understand. She was always very social, she loved to talk to people and get to know them. Laylian had a lot of friends but none of them were very close.

"Don't think Kelso would be happy to hear you say that..."Sylvester muttered slyly under his breath. He had noticed how close the two females are, it didn't take a genius to know that they really liked each other. They were extremely close and even though Sylvester didn't know much about friends and friendships. He knew that what Kelso and Laylian had was edging on more then friendship.

"what was that?"laylian had asked even though she heart exactly what Sylvester had said. She tried her best to keep her blush from appearing on her face. She knew that the two of them were closer then she had been with any of her other friends. She was growing closer to kelso then she was with Sylvester which ...was odd to say the least.

"Nothing!" Sylvester said hurriedly and annoyed as he ran his hands through his hair. "i just wish i could go with you..."he muttered and looked down to his feet. Seeing the sadness on his face Laylian stood up and placed her hands on his arms and down to his hands which she held gently.

"yes...i found that odd too but remember.." Laylian started to say as she leant closer and gave him a kiss on the cheek, causing a smile to appear on his face. "you are my first friend, my first true friend. I'll always stick with you through thick or thin, land or sea" The fae had smiles on their faces as they each stepped in for a hug. They basked in each other's company for a moment before they pulled away. "Now time for tea...fancy anything? "

The evening went quick and so did the next school day. Laylian had been messaged by Alex on the Monday evening, it was nothing remarkable. It was a very short and simple conversation.

hello? is this laylian?- Alex

yes it is. I am assuming that this is alex?-Laylian

yeah! wow you're pretty new to facebook, though it wasn't too dificult to find you-Alex

yes i did not have a computer at home, i also suppose there are not many Laylians-Laylian

yeah...-alex

anyway tomorrow we were planning to hang out, no where specific. dont worry we won't leave you in an unusual place this time!-Alex

yeah...that wasn't the best of experiences but i believe in second chances ! so are we meeting straight away after school?- Laylian

oh we'll meet about half an hour later, out side of the school still though! you might want a jacket and i don't think that you would need your phone-Alex

strange request..but okay! i'll be sure to meet you outside the school! see you tomorrow- Laylian

I look forward to it!- Alex

The conversation was short and simple but that's where laylian stood now, she had her extremely new coat wrapped around her as she waited for the other's to join her. She left her phone behind no matter how strange of a request it seemed that she wouldn't need her phone. She wished that she had ignored the advice almost straight away as she was filled with nerves.

Sylvester was at Hazel's house with the twins, there was a little bit of an awkward atmosphere between the three teenagers. Tyrell and Sylvester were trying to study together a little bit on tyrell's bed, though Sylvester's mind was elsewhere. Speaking of elsewhere Kelso's mind also occupied that destination. Kelso was very much saddened by the fact laylian hadn't joined them, she didn't realize how close they had gotten until she wasn't there. Kelso tried her best to interact with the two males but she was finding it rather difficult to keep her energy up.

"Laylian!" Alex said cheerfully as they approached, they were behind Brandon as the two of them approached. "how's it going?" they asked politely as the group of three faced each other. Alex was wearing black jeans, a black hoodie and black shoes, which almost faded into their black hair.

"hey! it's uh going good! what about you two?" Laylian asked as Alex started to lead them away. The were going a bit further then where Laylian had been, Laylian kind of stopped at the forest and dint' walk any further right of the school then that. The three of them started to walk casually down the path .

"Oh it's going okay, you know school and studies and all." Alex said with a good-natured smile as they continued their way. The two humans seemed to be acting a little bit strange, when Laylian was new to Bryan's group and didn't know much about them, alex seemed to be very shy and not talkative whilst Brandon seemed to be more confident. Though the tables seemed to have turned a little bit.

"Yeah school has been a little bit stressful lately." Brandon said in agreement as he nodded and walked to the other side of Alex. Laylian was now closest to the wall and buildings that they passed, Brandon was closest to the road and Alex was between them. There was polite conversation for a few more minutes before they walked to a park. The park was rather large and seemed to be rather popular as there was many people bustling around.

"so do you guys come here a lot?" Laylian asked the two humans as they sat down on the grass crossed legged in a rather unpopulated place. They were surrounded by trees and some worn-out park benches.

"well...i wouldnt' say often, or here really...more like we come here in general.." Brandon said awkwardly as he rubbed the back of his head. Alex took out a punnet of strawberries and handed one to Brandon who took one gratefully. Alex then handed one over to Laylian who took it , but didn't place it in her mouth for a while.

"oh that's cool, the flowers are rather nice from what i've seen. We haven't been around here yet." Laylian's aid as she took a bite fo the strawberry, she looked rather picturesque, her natural beauty working well with the beauty of nature behind her. She blinked some sleep out of her eye and rubbed at her eye with her hand.

"yeah i don't suppose you have had a lot of time to look around here." Alex said as they took another strawberry out of the box "You came here at a strange time actually...a rather convenient time." Alex started to pick at the grass they were sitting on as Brandon put an arm around them.

"o really?" laylian asked with curiosity, she didn't think that there was very much happening at the moment. The only thing that had happened that was seemingly unusual was the twins' arrival, at least that is what the twins had told them. Apparently not much had happened at the school or in the town .

"yeah actually...I think we could use your help." Alex smirked as laylian started to rub at her eye again, it was almost like she had just woken up , her eyes were blurry and unfocused. She started to become drowsy and swaying, soon the ground seemed to meet her head without her intentionally meeting it.

"i'm sorry about this ... i'm so bloody sorry..." Brandon said with a trembling voice. as he leant over Laylian who was just on the verge of blacking out. Brandon did feel honestly sorry, sorry could not begin to explain how sorry and upset that he felt. Whereas Alex had a smirk on their face.

"oh you are such a peasant when will you learn?"