chapter 49

Chapter 49

Hazel was of course correct when the four had came back to the house. The cousins were waiting in the garden whilst Dawn and Hazel sat in the living room. The four friends walked in holding hands with bright smiles on their faces. This did not go unnoticed by the two older women.

"Oh how lovely dears!" Dawn said as the four of them came to say their greetings. "I just knew that you would all be together! Didn't i tell you Hazel? They were meant to be!" Dawn's joyous voice rang loud in the room and in the heads of the four friends. Why on earth were they so worried about dawn's visit? It's true that she knows about the fae but that didn't mean that she was a bad person.

"Yes dawn you did!" Hazel said in confirmation to her friend and then turned to her grandchildren and their partners. "Good to see you happy dears, the girls are just sat outside, there's some tea in the kitchen for you!" The twins were glad that was all the attention they got as they started towards the kitchen. Hazel could have been much more embarrassing than that.

"That went well." Kelso whispered to Tyrell. She was happy that everything went okay with their nanna...now all they had to do was tell their parents. Kelso gave that thought a glance and decided otherwise. Their parents were probably really busy and didn't really want to talk about their relationships. After all they had only talked once on the phone since they moved in with their nanna. Their parents had much more important things to do then to talk to them. Kelso didn't know if that was the truth but it felt like it, a lot of the time.

As they exited the door they saw Devin and Eden sat at the table, the two extra seats that were usually folded up were placed around the table as well. The cousins were sat next to each other and were talking away. There was art supplies on the table in front of them along with two cups of tea. The conversation stopped as the four approached.

"Hello!" devin said brightly and eagerly whilst Eden waved. The two of them were in rather comfortable attire, jeans and t-shirts. Yet these clothes still seemed to be rather fashionable.

"Hello! Sorry we left you waiting a little bit! We just went back to our house to get dressed" Laylian said like the social butterfly she was . Kelso sat down next to Devin and Laylian sat next to her, this led to Sylvester sitting next to his friend and Tyrell sitting next to Eden. There was a silent agreement about this as the couples were sat next ot each other and ...Sylvester really did not want to sit next to a stranger.

Even though Eden had not given them much of a reason to worry or be nervous, Sylvester wasn't too fond of sitting with people that he didn't know. That was why he was so shy the first -or well second- time that they met the twins inside the school.

"Oh no it's fine!" Devin said for the both of them as Eden seemed to be distracted. With a quick glance at her paper Kelso could see that she was painting. It was a beautiful nd realisti painting of the back garden. It was very brilliantly done and Kelso found it hard to believe that it was a painting.

You could see every individual blade of lush green grass. The beautiful colours of the blooming buds were beautifully captured. The sun shone splendidly in the cyan sky as white wooly clouds wove through colour. Kelso didn't make known that she had seen the painting , though she spared glances at it every now and then, watching the masterpiece grow.

"You guys have a beautiful house." Devin said happily. "Your nanna gave us a small tour, it's the first time that we have been here you see, even though our grandparents have been friends for years we didn't often come with her, we don't live far from our grandmother's house but we decided that since there'll be more people here our age that we may as well come. Your bedroom is especially wonderful!"

The twins were not pleased at all to hear that they had been shown their bedroom. They weren't hiding anything much but there was a line and that line was their doorway. Though they were somewhat ...relieved that they hadn't visited their house before. It was somewhat reassuring .

"Wait you went in our room?" Tyrell asked seemingly alarmed and embarrassed. He was aware that Their grandparents were watching, he could see them peeping from the kitchen window. The loudness of his voice caused Hazel to jump a little bit and blush , it was her idea to show the two girls around and she was sure that the twins wouldn't mind because they were more then eager to show the two fae their rooms. In hindsight that may have been because they were more comfortable around the two.

"Uh...what do you think of this?" Devin asked whilst picking up Eden's painting, slightly getting paint on her own hands as she tried desperately to change the subject which she brought up. This caused her to get daggers from Eden but she didn't seem to care.

" That's beautiful! What are you going to do for the fairy lights?" Laylian asked as she leant forward to get a good glimpse of the masterpiece. She silently praised the skill of Eden, not many fae could produce something like that and most fae's can produce anything they wish. This only lead to her becoming more and more suspicious.

"Speaking of fairy lights...why are they calle fairy lights?" Sylvester asked in hopees to get onto the conversation of the fae. He couldn't tell if he was successful or not as the twins shared a look before their attention turned back towards the four people in front of them. Eden put her painting down and became serious.

"What do you want to know?"