Chapter 50 #JustAnn

Justin's PoV:-

Once we reached home, I tucked her in our bed and let her sleep. She seemed too tired and worried. Her eyes were puffy from all the crying and I knew how hurt she was because of me. What I did was a heinous thing to do to the person you love the most.
I had no option , when I met Kia I loved her in an instant. I knew she will be the perfect daughter for us. Sarah's leukaemia can't be treated, Kia had left with only Sarah. But when you know your life is too short to look after a 6 year old.
What I know about Sarah is that her dad and mom died in a car accident.
When I came to know that dad's car hit Mr. Singh , my world seized. Annie was the only concern at that time and the next day I married Annie.

Later I came to know about Sarah, she was the whole sole owner of Mr. Singh's property in New York. I dug in and found out that she was the daughter of Mr. Singh and Alyra one of his colleagues. They both were not married but they both were in a love affair for years.

Sarah was the only daughter they had she was 18 years old when Mr. Singh and Alyra died in that car accident leaving her alone in this world. She was at that time pregnant with her boyfriend who died  a few days later in a plane crash. She raised Kia all alone. When I met her and she told me how she wish she could talk to Ann or her mom. She wanted Kia to meet them especially when she was about to die of cancer. I adopted Kia the other day. I was with them for a whole week making Kia my friend and letting Sarah believe I was the perfect father figure for her. The day I became Kia's dad , Sarah explained everything about her being ill and about to die to Kia.
I was there with them but I wasn't the one to be able to lessen their pain. They cried for hours and to cheer them up I decided to take them to the mall for the gaming zone.

There Annie saw us and the rest is history. Well. I didn't want to let Annie know about it in that way. I was thinking of letting her know after Sarah had left for treatment to London. I didn't want her to know the truth about Kia being her stepsister's daughter.

When Annie left my life's most important part the heart was taken away from me. I was sure to get her back but how. With Kia and Adwin at the hospital it came next to impossible to search for my love. I asked a private investigator to search for my love and as soon as I received a phone call letting me know she was near the cafe down the street I rushed to search for.

She was scared , I could see that. I saw dad and I knew something was not right.

"Daddy"

I put off my classes and smiled at my baby girl.

"Daddy , Ann momma is crying in her dream"

"What? Lemme see her ok. Come " she nodded sadly.

I barged into our room and Annie was awake crying pathetically.

"Just...Justin...Justin... Ryan...dad..." She sobbed.

"Sh..Annie you must've seen a nightmare. Everything is fine baby." I hugged and she cried hugging me back.

"Ann momma.. I will get a dream chaser for you. It brings only good dreams not the bad one" Kia said pouting.

Annie smiled pulled her in her arms and kissed her forehead, "Ok Kia. I am sorry for what I did. Will you forgive me?"

"I have alweady forgiven you Ann momma. Sarah momma says you should never take anything to your heart when the other person is angry" she said wiping her tears. "I wish my Sarah momma had more years to live. "

Annie kissed her , "Sarah momma will be fine soon she will be back home. Don't worry baby."

"Really?. Lekemia can be treated?" She asked with happy eyes.

I took sharp intake and Annie's eyes filled with tears, her eyes searched mine and I nodded lightly.

She closed her eyes hugging Kia and cried loudly.

*********

After we tugged Kia in her bed and read her, her favourite book we were both our bed.

"Justin. What I did was really not needed, I was so wrong and I am so sorry. " Ann said softly when I thought she has slept.

"Ann what you did was not unnecessary. I would have reacted the same way. I am sorry I didn't told you anything earlier. " I said kissing her forehead.

"I...I...Justin... I wanted to tell you something. I mean..emmm..."

"Say it Ann , you are scaring me now. "

"Justin.. I am pregnant" she smiled.

"Woah... Oh my goodness. Seriously."  The news gave the greatest happiness. I hugged her and kissed her squarely on her mouth. I wiped a lone tear that escaped from my eyes. This was the perfect bliss she gave me.

"I love you so much Annie. Thank You" I whispered against her lips.

"I..love you too Justin"

***************

I woke up later that night and found Annie not in the bed. I looked at the bedside table clock , it was 5am. I pulled myself out of the bed, stretching my muscles , and yawning, I knocked at the door, and when no one replied I opened the door and found it vacant.

Shit..

I started searching frantically for her in the house. I was walking by my dad's study when I heard her crying. I peeked in and she was talking to him, "dad. You can't let this happen to us. You have to tell everyone about your cancer. I can't let Ariana know from anyone else. Please dad" she cried.

"Cancer?? Dad??" I muttered.

"Justin. " dad's voice broke.

Dad stood up and smiled, "Justin. It's ..I "

"No dad. You can't keep this from us. You can't do this to mom. You can't. "

"What he shouldn't keep away from me?" Mom's voice was tired.

"Justin and Annie. Please go and take some rest I will talk to your mom. " Dad said.

We nodded and left.

Annie wiped her tears, wiped mine too and only then I realised that I was crying.

Nothing will happen to him.
Dad will be fine. I am sure. I ... Won't anything happen to him...

*************************************************

(Word Count-- 1096)