Chapter 43 #AdMia

Isn't it a Good News?

Adwin's PoV:-

"What is happening? Why isn't she waking up? I wanna see the doctor. For God's sake, she is my fiancee. I have the damn right to know everything" I paced frantically.

I saw mom and Annie running towards me. Justin was already beside me trying to calm the fuck out of me.

"Annie ask your maa what's happening. Why am not allowed to go and meet her. It's been an hour. And no one fucking opens up there mouth. " I yelled

"Shut up Adwin. Calm the fuck down. Let them do their work. Will you?" Justin yelled.

"I swear I am..."

"Mr. Knight. I want to talk to you about something" doctor Amrita said pulling out her specks coming out of the room.

"Maa. Is she ok? What's happening?" Annie rushed towards her mother.

"She is ok. But it's.. emm...she is 9 weeks pregnant. "

"What? " I asked

Mom gasped, "Oh...my God. That's wonderful. Can we meet her?"

"Actually. Adwin. I would like to talk to you" Dr. Amrita said. I nodded and followed her into her office.

"You knew about this. "

"No. Infact she told me she can't get pregnant" I said the truth I have been told.

"That's what is my concern. Adwin. Her body can't give babies. Her womb is weak. Her eggs are infertile. What happened is a miracle. Her ovaries are still 90% blocked. I don't know whether you know or not but her tubectomy has been done. I mean it was done on one side but the other was left untouched. What happened is really a miracle."

"I know nothing just that she can't give babies." I said wiping a lone tear from my eyes.

"Adwin. She can give baby probably we have a prove. But the most important thing is whether she will survive or not?" The moment those words left her I rose frantically.

"What the hell do you mean by this. ? She will survive this. Ofcourse she have to. "

"Adwin. I...think you have to choose any one of the two. The baby is healthy, growing as it should. But the chances of her failure are high. Her womb will not be able to carry the child. It's weak. She...she... I saw some... I mean...she was inflicted...with something. I think it was ages ago. But ...em she was raped brutally" she said wiping her eyes now.

"I know. " I whispered closing my eyes.

"What? You know...?"

"Yes doctor I know that. Will you tell me why are you making me choose between my fiancee and my child?" I said ebbing away all sort of emotions.

"Listen. Adwin. The type inflictions in her womb can get worsened if she carries a baby. Causing her own life in danger. Although there are some chances of everything being normal. And both the mother and the baby be healthy at the end. But those chances are really grim. I think we should tell her about this. I think you should be prepared for the choice."