Chapter 26 (Marrying?)

Annie's PoV

I woke up pretty late almost in the afternoon the next morning. Groaning loudly I entered the bathroom, brushed and showered.

When I returned to the room , there was a packet lying on the bed. I grabbed it and saw some dresses. There was even a packet of Victoria's secret undergarments. These purchased today itself. I could smell it. I flushed thinking about how did he know about my size , it was exactly my fit.

I changed into a sun dress and wore a matching slipper which was also lying in a packet there.

I walked briskly out of the room grinning happily.

"You sure. This is the best thing to do, Justie?"  Granny's voice shriller as if she cried a few moments ago.

I cleared my throat making my presence known.

Justin smiled rising up from the chair , he took my hand in his and made me sit beside him , granny sitting across us on the other end of the table.

"Ok. So. Tell her or I will. I can't wait for that long."  Granny told Justin grinning happily.

I looked at both of them inquisitively. I know there is something they want to share with me, I can sense that but what it is?.

Justin smiled at me and held my hand in his, I looked at him puzzled , his eyes were shining brightly, ecstatic to be precise. He looked at me nervously but before he could say anything someone barged into the room.

"Oh...my God Annie... How are you? You didn't tell me anything? How could you hide that from your maa? " I heard overly excited voice of my mother from across the hall.

Soon she engulfed me in a tight hug, without even caring that I didn't answer her, or shoot I didn't even understand what she meant by that.

"Oh my my... isn't this Justin? Oh God you are so handsome now. Come and hug me you little boy. I am glad to be your mom-in-law."

I stumbled at her words stepping backwards. Justin hugged her back but his eyes remained focused on me. I saw the nervousness in his eyes as if he was begging me to forgive him. He was begging me to be forgiven but for what? What did he do? Mom-in-law means he is the son-in-law. But how? I mean..

"I can't believe you are marrying so soon my princess. You should have given us sometime to prepare" maa said looking at me expectantly.

"Marrying?" I asked looking over at Justin.

"Ma'am, we wanted to keep this a secret. And when I proposed her, she accepted , I didn't want to wait another day. And here we are ready to be married as you want. In an Indian Style or Christian , as you say" I jerked my eyes towards him.

Proposed???? When ??? Marrying ? Bullshit...

"Maa...we---"

"It's ok Annie. I don't need any explanation. I am happy for you darling. " her eyes were now shining with un-shed tears and she engulfed me in a hug.

"I just got overwhelmed" she whispered wiping her tears.

"I want it to be a Christian wedding but if you won't mind, I want her to dress like an Indian bride. It was her father's dream to see her in an Indian wedding dress" maa whispered the last part very softly

"I won't mind Ma'am--"

"Huh, ma'am who? Me ? No... Now start calling me mom or maa, dear son-in-law " maa cut him off mid sentence.

He smiled , continuing, "Maa, ok? Maa, That's the perfect idea, I guess" Justin's eyes found mine, I narrowed my eyes glaring at him. His eyes were guilty and he turned his face elsewhere, taking his eyes away from mine.