*Chapter 38.* Flashback II

Chapter 35. Still, in the flashback from the month, Orlando was in jail. July 2037 

~Aria POV~

I toss the ball gently at Sierra, "Catch it, sweetie!" I grin. She reaches for it and presses her hands together too late, the ball already bouncing off her chest. "Good try!" I giggle, going over and scooping her up.

"Mama!" She coos, wrapping her arms around my neck. She was staying at Draven's and Ana for the weekend. Cassius was working on getting Orlando's arrest overturned but it was stressing me out so I followed my daughter to my brother's house.

Happy tears fill my eyes as I tighten my grip around her. "Yes. Mama loves you so much," I said, my voice full of emotion.

Beck comes over, "Hello, ladies. Draven's requested your presence in the office, Aria." I look at him, annoyed. "I'm sorry. I know you're spending time with Sierra. I'll bring her to Krystal."

I slowly put her down and she protests when Beck tries to pick her up. He crouches down, "Want to go find Ms. Krystal with me?" He asks, flashing her a beautiful smile. She looks at me and I nod. She takes his outstretched hand and he stands, bending to keep his hand with hers. "I'll radio that you're on your way, Aria."

I head inside and go up to Draven's study, getting stopped by Ryker. "Hey," He says, standing at the top of the stairs. "Did you hear about Xander's speech last night? I can give you the recap if you want."

I shake my head, "Cassius mentioned something about it yesterday when we were talking about Orlando's arrest. And sure, I guess. I'm about to meet with Draven about it, I think." As Ryker tells me about the speech, my jaw tightens and anger well up inside of me like nothing else I'd ever felt. "He said WHAT?!" I screamed, feeling like I was about to explode. I storm away, walking past Ryker, slamming open the door to Draven's office. "Put it on," I say, ignoring his shocked face. He hesitates and then takes the remote out, showing Xander's speech from last night.

"Ladies and gentlemen, thank you all for tuning in. As many of you know, a compromising video of me has been released a month ago of a private moment from my wife and I. It appears on the video that I am hurting her, but I can swear to you all that I am not. As embarrassing as it is, that was an exclusive clip of what our sex life was like. Aria enjoyed "rape fantasies" to get off and as a loving husband, I complied." I shake my head, my hands shaking. "He's a liar!" I began pacing back and forth, wanting to throw something.

"This is bullshit," Draven mutters, crossing his arms.

Xander looks down at his notes and then back to the camera. "My wife and I are currently separated. I can only hope that she comes to her senses and returns to me so we can continue to grow as a family.

"I also have some other things I need to address as well. We have heard rumors of uprisings against our movement of giving the people freedom. We have decided that anyone who is associated with any rebel movements will be sent to the colonies to work until they decide to change their minds. There will now be a curfew at 11 pm. Anyone who is out past that is subject to jail time or will be sent to the colonies. Only soldiers in my army will have arms. Anyone who has guns needs to surrender them to us or you will be sent to the colonies as a rebel. Lastly, we will be dropping food packages off around major cities. We know things have been difficult and we want to show our support. Goodnight."

"You shouldn't have released that video!" I snap, turning to my brother in anger. "I knew he would retaliate! He's making me look like a freak."

"Aria, calm down. Everyone knows that he's lying," Draven says as Ryker and Fletcher appear in the doorway. "We're working on a rebuttal."