Chapter 34.

Chapter 34.

~Aria POV~

I woke up with a massive headache. I could feel it as I slowly regained consciousness. I kept my eyes closed as I thought about what had happened last night. Like every night this week, I had gotten drunk but I vividly remembered texting Orlando. Once he had shown up, I remembered yelling at him about something. Then a flash memory of throwing up. I curse quietly and reluctantly open my eyes, seeing Greta asleep in the small wooden desk chair.

I sit up, clutching my head with one hand. "Greta, I'm so sorry..." I said softly.

She jerks awake and stands up. "How are you feeling, sweetie?"

My eyes welled up and I began crying. I was dehydrated so tears were not falling but I just started dry sobbing. "I tried to make it seem like I was doing well but I'm not."

She sits at the edge of the bed, rubbing my back. "Ok, breathe. We will figure this out," She whispers, trying to calm me down. "You scared us last night."

"I-I wanted to not think anymore. Everytime I'm alone, I think about him," I admit. Djordje was my distraction. The day he was gone and I was on my own, I was plagued by my thoughts throughout the day. "I can't sleep. I can't eat. I can't function! He controlled everything I did and I don't know what to do with all this freedom."

Greta crosses her arms, listening. "You should come home so we can get you the help that you need, Aria."

I swallow, "I don't want to live at home."

"Do you want to live with Orlando? Or in Draven's old apartment?" She asks, leaning forward curiously. I was surprised she had not pushed me to remain at my parent's.

"O-Orlando's," I mumble. "With Sierra."

"There will be rules and Jenna is going to hear about this," Greta's voice is tight. "I won't let you destroy yourself after surviving what you did. You had your weeks of fun here but they are over." I protest but she cuts me off. "You are grounded for drinking. You're still well underage."

I nod a little and lean against her. "What did I say last night?"

"A lot apparently," She murmurs. "You popped off on the boys."

Memories of me yelling at Orlando and Zayn came back. I groan and let out another sob. "They probably hate me!"

"I don't know, but I doubt it, Aria. You went through a traumatic event. We're all just worried about you," She rubs my back and I sniffle softly.

Later that day, I had my session with Jenna. She asked about what I had told Greta. I hesitantly explained. "Xander told me when I could do every and anything," I said hesitantly. "He told where, when, and how much I could eat or sleep. I don't remember how to... function on my own timeline," I shrug. "I can do whatever I want and no one will stop me."

"Is that why you got so drunk last night?' She asks.

I nod a little, "I guess. Everyone's so worried about me but I don't know how to ask for help... I think it hit me this morning that I just need... boundaries?"

"You're only 18, you've been through unimaginable trauma for any woman, much less the fact that you're only just legal," Jenna says, watching me. "I think that we need to talk with your family and Orlando to figure out some rules for you. No drinking is an obvious one. Alcohol has a numbing effect and does not let you express emotions effectively. What do you think other rules should be, Aria?"

I shrug, "I don't know."

"A bedtime would be good, let's say 11?" I nod and she continues. "We'll set up meals for you at specific times, have an exercise program instituted, and keep therapy at the same time three times a week to help you adjust. We should have done this from the beginning but that's water under the bridge now. This is all to help you with your newfound freedoms. You can get this under control. You're more resilient than you give yourself credit for, Aria. You've come further in the last few weeks than I have with some patients I've worked with for months."