Chapter 60.

Chapter 50

Chapter 50.

The first full speech I did was terrifying. The thought of Xander doing something worse than the power outages raced through my mind as I read through what I wrote down. Sebastian left to amp up security around the base while I am on-air. Fletcher worked hard to make sure that Xander's techs did not override the system this time. I spoke for about four minutes and then Kent signaled for me to cut. My speech gives cursory details about my time with Xander, alluding to the abuse I endured, carrying on from before Xander cut me off. I did not address what Xander said in his speech, not wanting it to turn into a tit for tat, but continued from where I started. Matteo, Chase, Fletcher, Bruce, Kent, and Johnny all were close by as I gave the speech. When I finished, I forced myself to take a deep breath.

Chase comes over, smiling widely. "You did it!" He says, offering me his arm. I feel faint. I want Sebastian here but he had a meeting.

I take his arm, thanking him so quietly that no one can hear. "I did it!" I force a smile.

Kent nods curtly, "Good. We will get this out on networks and keep it playing for maximum viewing."

"Let's go," Chase says, gesturing. I squeeze his arm in appreciation, letting him lead me from the room.

As I leave the building, I look out over the camp. At the top floor of the Council's rooms, there is a 360 degree view of the camp. I take a deep breath, running a hand through my hair. Much to my surprise, I look out at Sebastian flirting with a red-haired girl. My jaw tightens, watching her laugh, placing her hand on his chest. His own hand reaches up, intertwining their fingers. His free hand reaches out to pull her to his chest.

"Come on, Ms. Rossi. You don't need to see that," Chase says, hand light on my back as he stares at his superior, his voice tight. He looks almost as betrayed as I feel.

"I thought we-" I start but stop, letting my hand clench to fists, tears forming in my eyes as Sebastian and I lock eyes. He is using me. Nothing he said, nothing we did was genuine. I bite back a sob, letting Chase and Matteo lead me away.

~Sebastian POV~

We need this shipment. Without it, the camp will not eat for weeks . I bite my tongue tasting blood as I pull her against me. "Please don't delay this," I murmur, releasing our hands to tuck a piece of hair behind her ear. "I'll do anything I can to get the food here?"

Her hand slides down my chest, cupping me. I grit my teeth. She is not Aria. I feel nothing for her. I want to shove her away, tell her my only thoughts are on the Rossi daughter but for this shipment to come through, it is a dangerous game. "Anything?" She asks in what is supposed to be a seductive voice.

"Not that," I gently grabbed her hand, pulling it away from my groin. I bring her knuckles to my mouth, brushing a kiss on them. Her hand tightens around mine. I look past her, seeing Aria's face up in the top floor of the Council's chambers. Even from a distance, I know it is her and read every expression crossing her beautiful face. I pale, resisting the urge to shove the girl off me and run to her. Aria looks hurt, betrayed, tears forming in her eyes but as we make eye contact, I attempt to convey everything. My reasoning. This much-needed shipment. The girl I confessed my love to, turns away, her hands clenched into fists. I hurt Aria. How will I tell her?