*Chapter 2. Part II*

19 September 2025

~Sophia POV~

I look down, hearing Aria's breath even out

I look down, hearing Aria's breath even out. She was finally asleep. My heart hurt for her as I thought about the last few days. She had been through so much despite our efforts to shelter her from the life that we led. My phone buzzes and I answer it quickly, "Roberto... How is she? Is Vivian alright?"

"She... she's gone, Mrs. Rossi." He stammers softly. I could hear Greta sobbing in the background.

"I'm so sorry, Roberto. We are here for whatever you need." I say softly, my heart drops into my stomach and I reach out, touching my one and only daughter.

"Thank you. Can-can you tell Leo?" He sounded choked up ,as if he would break if he had to repeat it.

"Of course," I murmur, tears falling freely. With that, he hangs up and I cry for little Viviana. How did it come to this? Gunning down a funeral party with women and children? Pure hatred burned in my heart for the people responsible for this. In my heart of hearts, I knew who had done it, but until Leonardo confirmed it, it could have been anyone.

Around 7 pm, I heard the front door open. I slide out of bed, binding my bathrobe tighter around me before rushing downstairs to see my boys. "What happened? Is everyone alright? Fletcher?" I reach the bottom of the steps, pulling my youngest son into a tight hug. He looked shaken but alright.

Leonardo sighs deeply, "We hit the Violante house but everyone was gone... It was empty. I'm having Dino sit on it. Fletcher was not meant for the field. How's Viviana? Everyone else? How many casualties?" He fires off questions quicker than I can keep up but I kept my composure.

I kiss the top of Fletcher's head, "Go upstairs, child." I whisper in his ear and he stumbles up the steps, heading to his room. "There were 35 casualties and 9 dead." I look at my eldest two boys and my husband, pursing my lips. "Viviana was among those who had died." My voice cracked and I forced myself to continue. "They killed a child, Leo. This has to stop."

Leo frowns deeply, putting his face in his hands, "Merda!" //Shit//

"They violated the peace agreement!" Draven snaps, pacing back and forth. He pulls his gun from his waistband, "They should die!"

"Put your gun away!" I snap at him and he does so immediately, blanching at my tone. No matter what, the last thing I wanted Aria to see was her brothers with a gun. It was one thing for her to see the guards, but we all had agreed many years ago to keep her pure and innocent from the life of violence and death we inhabited.

"Technically Papi did by going across the border," Ryker says softly, acknowledging the point that Draven had inadvertently made.

"Shut up! You should not blame or speak ill of the dead!" Draven growls, shoving him hard.

Ryker shoves him back, "I'm not, idiot! I'm stating the facts!"

"No fighting," Leo mutters, moving into the living room and sits on the couch defeatedly.