*Chapter 18.*

Chapter 18.  

~Beck POV~

I sat next to Aria's bedside, my head in my hands

I sat next to Aria's bedside, my head in my hands. I should have remained in Verna and not gone to Vermont with Draven. Then, none of this would have happened. I lift my head and stare at her sleeping form. Her arms were black and blue with defensive wounds from last night. There was a long gash on her arm that she did not talk about and her cheeks were both an ugly purple color. The one with Xander's ring mark was the darkest. It made my blood boil. If I ever saw Xander, I would kill him.

Draven and Ryker left with Luka to rough Xander up in his cell. As much as I wanted to join them, I knew that Aria needed me here. Of all people, I understood the importance of maintaining your cover. Yet, Luka had let a 17 year old girl endure that all so he could keep his connections with Olliver's organization. I flexed my hand into a fist before texting Draven. Luka had been my first partner, my rock for many years. Now, I no longer maintain such loyalties. If Draven killed him once Aria had disappeared, I would not care. I shut my eyes, leaning back against the wall as I thought back on simpler times. Simpler times when all I did with the Rossi brothers was fuck, fight, and make money. Before treaties with the Violante's, forced betrothals, and before Aria ended up looking like a punching bag.

~

*Flashback*

31 December 2025  I moan softly as Peyton deepthroats me without gagging. My hand goes into her hair and I thrust slowly. "Fuck that feels so fucking good," I mutter. She hums softly and pulls back a little before continuing to bob on my dick.

"Yo! Are you guys decent?" Draven demands, banging on my door.

"No!" I grunt as she goes all the way down. "Now I am!" I laugh and he comes in, my hand in her hair as she swirls her tongue.

"Dude!" Draven groans, throwing a pen at me.

I laugh deeply, holding her down on me. "You can't see anything!"

"Whatever. Finish that and then we've got business," Draven says, walking out.

I looked down at Peyton, "Hurry up," I sat back in the chair as I felt closer to finishing. She reaches up to play with me, scratching gently with her nails. I moaned and thrust a few more times before coming hard down her throat. "Shit," I moaned softly and then fixed myself, went to get my guns. "Money's on the table but can you stay until I come back?" I ask as I put two guns in my holster, putting my drop gun by my ankle.

She smiles and walks from the kitchen to the dining room, leaning on the doorway, watching me armor up. "Sure."

I walk over and grab her face, kissing her deeply. "I'll take you to the New Year's party, I promise." Her eyes flutter closed and she kisses me back, holding my shirt. "I have to go." I disentangle myself from her, looking at her more seriously. "Don't open the door for anyone except for me."