*Interlude*

~Aria POV~

My lips still tingle from when Sebastian kissed me. My stomach dissolves into butterflies every time I think about it. About him. The last time I felt like this was when I first met Orlando. I wondered what it would be like if I had normal teenage years. If Orlando and I's only fight would be about who flirted with who at a party, rather than about Sierra, or Xander impregnating me. That brings my fantastical imagination back to earth.

I sit straight up in bed, looking over at Beck. Sierra is in his sleeping back, his arm sprawled across her little body. I swallow and kiss them both before climbing from the tent. It is late. The clock at the center of the camp reads 3:14 am. I shiver as I leave the warmth, reaching back in to grab Beck's large jacket. The surprise snowfall blankets the camp. It is past curfew. Everyone out for purposes other than the bathroom are locked up for the night. I make sure to keep to the shadows as I move through the silent camp. The moon shines down from above, making the snow glisten. I avoid the guards, moving deeper into camp.

~Sebastian POV~

I grab the gun from under my pillow as someone knocks at the door. I am out of bed, gun trained on the door, and the safety off before I take two breaths. "Who is it?" I growl, hand on the latch.

"I-It's Breeze," A small voice calls. "Aria." She says when I do not move.

I grunt and pull the door open, frowning deeply. "Aria, what's wrong?" She looks tiny, huddled in Beck's large jacket against the cold. "Is Sierra alright?"

She nods quickly, "I-I have a question. I got turned-" She stops, her eyes roving over my body slowly. I now realize I am shirtless, pointing a gun at her head, and goosebumps now crawl across my skin from the cold. "I got turned away from the hospital because they have to get approval from you."

I click the safety back on the gun, shoving into the waistband of my sweatpants before stepping back to let her in. "Come in, it's cold," I say quietly. She visibly relaxes with the weapon out of sight, following me into the house. I shut the door firmly behind her, blocking out the cold before walking over to the fire. I bank it while she shivers in the doorway. "Sit," I say, gesturing to the dilapidated green chair by the fireplace. "What do you need?"

She kicks off her boots before walking over to sit on the edge of the chair like it will burn her if she sits back. Her eyes are wide with fear and uncertainty. "I-" She stops, looking down at her hands.

"Aria," I breathe softly as a flame kicks back to life. I toss some wood to burn and the fire catches, warming my bare skin instantly. "Please tell me what's wrong."

When I glance back up, she is standing at the door, pulling her boots back on. "N-nothing, General. I'm sorry for waking you up."

In three strides, I stand before her, placing my hand on the door handle. "Tell me," I say, reaching for her hand with the other. Aria recoiles, taking a step back into the corner of my cabin. She leans back against the wall, tears beginning to roll down her cheeks. I remain where I am, blocking the door. Her breathing elevates as her silent-crying becomes sobs. Then she is on her knees, fighting for breaths. Hyperventilating. I kneel in front of her, unzipping her coat. I gently pull it from her body, lifting her arms over her head. She does not fight me, her eyes scrunched shut. "Breathe," I whisper quietly. "Deep breath in, deep breath out."

"I can't have it! I just can't. Orlando was right!" She trembles underneath my touch.

"I need you to breathe right now, sweetheart," I say quietly. "Open your eyes. Look at me." She does, her big eyes are watery. "Keep your hands above your head," I order, letting them go to gently swipe my thumb across her cheeks. Aria leans subtly into my touch, shaking. "Take three deep breaths," I murmur, sitting back on my heels to do them with her. She stares at me so I take my own deep breath, watching her follow suit a moment after. My own pounding heart begins to calm down as we stare into each other's eyes, breathing together.