Chapter 47.

Chapter 47.

Xander flies me home the next day, dropping me off near the Violante family estate. I stumble the quarter-mile back home, shivering. Down the road, I see a figure sprinting towards me. My body aches with every step. The figure gets closer then Orlando is wrapping me in his arms, kissing my face, wiping my tears, and carrying me back.

"Where were you?" He asks, looking down at me.

I wrap my arms around his neck. "I'm so tired."

Orlando takes a shaky breath, "You can sleep, Ari but you have to get checked out first. Medically." The sound of a car draws near and Orlando brings us over to it, putting me in. "Call her family, tell her we have her," He says. "We're taking her to the hospital now."

The hospital does a full workup, including a rape kit. I wonder if Xander will ever let the photographs see the light of day. Probably not. I wince, standing up when I am finally cleared. The staff give me some pills for the pain, saying to take a few days off to rest. Orlando remains by my side the entire time. I dress in the clothes he hands me, a giant hoodie, and sweats. Then I accept the cup of water I am finally allowed to drink, taking a few sips.

"You sure you won't tell us who did this to you, sweetheart?" The nurse asks, throwing one last hail mary.

I shake my head, "I can't," I say softly.

She and the detective exchange a look. "We'll be contacting you after you've rested, Ms. Rossi," He says.

I take Orlando's hand, following him out to the waiting room. Everyone is there. All the Rossi's, all the Violante's, their girlfriends, Beck, Zayn, Ethan, and more of the security team. My family crowds me, asking questions immediately but Orlando's family tell them to leave me alone. A small scuffle ensues that I watch through half-lidded eyes. I am too tired to care who wins, taking letting Beck shield me with his body as he pulls me around the fight to the car. "Where do you want me to bring you?" He asks quietly.

"My apartment," I say, "Alone."

He does not question me, getting me in, and driving off before anyone notices our departure. I fall asleep against the window, too tired from the evening to fight the exhaustion. When I wake, it is nighttime. I climb from my bed, going to shower. In the bathroom, I stare at my bruises. They are all too familiar. Wrists, forearms, thighs, knees, neck and my cheek is so swollen that my eye is partially closed. I sigh, brushing my teeth before climbing into the shower. I wash away fluids, scrubbing myself four times. Brushing my teeth for a second time, made me feel like a whole new person. Back in my room, I put on leggings and a ratty old t-shirt that I think is Draven's. I grab my comb, beginning to comb out my hair as I walk downstairs. I am glad to be back safely. I wonder if any paparazzi caught Beck carrying me in, looking like I had. On the table, there is a now-cold pizza, a new phone, and a note from Beck saying that he is guarding the door.

I lift the phone, checking the date. I've been asleep for two days straight. It is also three in the morning. I curse softly, going to the door. Beck is sitting on a small chair, jerking awake as I open it. "You're up!" He says, eyes going straight to the bruising on my cheek. "How are you feeling?"

"Been better," I say, my voice raspy. I step aside as I keep combing my hair, moving back into the apartment.

Beck follows me in. "I've had to scare both families off about three times each over the last few days," He tells me, shutting and locking the door behind me. "Everyone is anxiously awaiting an update."

I hesitate, thinking of what Xander made me promise. I swear on Sierra's life that I will never tell Draven or anyone else the details of your final plan. "He wanted to know where Vanessa and Trinity were," I say truthfully. "When he found out I didn't know, he was disappointed."