Chapter 32.

June 2037

The next morning, everyone was packing to leave

The next morning, everyone was packing to leave. I decided that it was best to stay here for a little and clear my head until I decided whether or not I wanted to engage with my family. A part of me, I wanted to leave with them but after the year with Xander, there is a resentment that built up inside of me. I was not used to the emotion but I figured it was better for me to process it here with Jenna and for myself. It gave me space to think through this new feeling. I knew my daughter was in safe hands so I only needed to focus on myself.

Saying goodbye to Sierra was hard but when I felt able, I would go live with Draven in order to spend time with her. Until then, it was best for both of us that I got my head right first and then brought her back into my life. Zayn is in and out, half working with Beck, half left to his own devices. He part time stayed around me, part time was off doing something unsavory with Beck which I preferred not to know about. He would be gone for the next day at least. Nevertheless, I am comforted in knowing his whereabouts and his return to Djordje's home. Unfortunately, Beck is also a part of the scouting mission for Draven, but Beck promises to drop by to see me. Last but not least, I hug my brothers goodbye. Ryker kissed the top of my head, "Call me if you need anything."

Mama and Papà stay the weekend, to make sure that I am alright. I take a walk with Mama, sliding my arm into hers. "I can't believe you are almost 19," She says, squeezing my hand gently. "You've grown into a beautiful young woman."

"A lot has happened," I said, sighing quietly. We took the path around the lake and I could not hide the flush that reached my cheeks as I looked at the dock, remembering the night before. "Mama?"

"Yes, amor?" She asks.

"I don't think that we should have Uncle Sal around anymore," I murmured.

She stops, frowning. "What are you talking about?"

I bit my lip, "He's not a good guy. I just- can you trust me on this one?"

"Did he touch you?" She asks, running her hands up and down my arms, like she could see if he had.

"No, but he's hurting someone else," I said quietly.

"It's Ryker, isn't it?" She says.

I hesitate and then nod. "How did you know?"

"A mother knows her children," She murmurs, walking again slowly. "I should have helped him sooner."

"Yes," I agreed. If she knew he was hurting, why did she not help? I could feel the resentment growing and forced myself to push it away. It was time to turn over a new leaf and move on from this situation, not let the emotions overtake me.

We did the lap around the lake and then she went to sit down. I decided to go for a run and went inside to change. Djordje was walking out of his study as I was going to my room. He grins and follows me in, shutting the door behind him. "How was your walk?" He asks, crossing his arms.