Chapter 35.

Chapter 35.

When I awoke, Orlando was still sleeping. I climb from the bed, going straight to Sierra's room. I turn the light on, seeing her cuddled up in her blanket. "Good morning, babygirl!" I coo softly, walking over. She opens her eyes, blinking up at me. "Ready for the day, princess?" I reach down, lifting her up.

She giggles, "Mama," She murmurs, pulling my hair lightly..

I nod, kissing her nose. "Good morning, my love. Did you sleep well?" She stares up at me in answer. Polar jumps around at my feet, thrilled that Sierra was awake. I kneel down and she squeals as he licks her face. "Let's go wake Dada up."

Gently, I place Sierra on the bed, watching her crawl over to Orlando. Much like his daughter had, Orlando blinks awake slowly. "Hi, sweetie!" He groans, sitting up as she crawls onto his chest. I smile, helping Polar onto the bed. Both daughter and dog are ecstatic to see Orlando. "Good morning, guys!" Orlando is shirtless, muscles flexing as he lifts Sierra up to kiss her face gently.

"I'll go get started on breakfast," I murmured.

"Pancakes?" Orlando asks hopefully.

I smile, "I was thinking the same thing!" As I walk downstairs, I stretch. After last night's attack, I felt sore. Nicole is in the kitchen, starting to make breakfast. "Orlando wants pancakes," I say as a way of greeting.

She rolls her eyes, "Of course he does! That's his comfort meal."

I wash my hands at the island sink, "What can I do?"

"I've got it, sweetie," She comes over, placing a kiss on my cheek. "I'm sorry about last night. I heard... Cassius is having a serious talk with the security team right now. There was no reason for them not to be patrolling the garden."

"Thank you," I sigh, eyes flicking over to the dying embers in the living room.

"What did you burn?" She asks, noticing the movement as she opens the container of flour.

I swallow, "Xander sent Sierra a present."

She tenses, "What?!"

"He did what?" Orlando asks from the doorway, Sierra in his arms.

"It's nothing... It was just a teddy bear," I sigh.

"Good you burned it," Nicole says, her voice tense as she takes Sierra from Orlando. "Go put a shirt on," She snapped at him, making a 'go away' motion with her hand. "You know better than that!"

I cannot resist the smile, taking Sierra's food from the fridge as Nicole settles her in the high chair. I also took out the cake from yesterday, cutting a piece for breakfast. "Healthy!" Deangelo says, wrapping an arm around my waist and kissing my cheek as he passes by.

"I'm the picture of health!" I lift my hoodie up, showing off my non-existent abs.

Nicole throws a dish rag at me, "Why is everyone trying to show skin in my kitchen this morning?!" I catch it, laughing. All thoughts of Xander disappear as we chat about the party last night and pancakes.

After breakfast, as Sierra and I are setting up one of her painting sets, there is a loud knock on the door. I frown, Krystal going to open it. I recognize the Chief of Police's voice through the hall. I lift Sierra into my arms, walking into the entryway. "What's going on?"

"Ms. Rossi, I have a warrant for Orlando Violante's arrest," He says, handing me the paper. "Where is he?" He and the two officers step into the house.

I nod to Krystal and she rushes to go find Nicole or Cassius. "Arrest?! For what?" I demand, clutching Sierra tightly. "Please don't do this!"

Deangelo storms down the steps, jaw tight. Gone was the happy-go-lucky man from this morning, replaced by a cold gangster persona. "Give me that," He says, taking the warrant from my hand. He skims it before throwing it onto the floor angrily. "He had nothing to do with that, Bill!" He growls.