"Okay, but please tell us you know what the assignment is." Nick pleaded to Jay.
"I don't know." Jay mumbled.
"Wait so nobody knows? Well, this is great. How do we always end up in this situation when we have 4 people here?"

"I think Felix is fixing something." Nick pointed out, and Riven turned around to see Felix wasn't sitting next to him anymore.
He was now next to the table of a group of girls a bit behind them.

After a suspiciously long time for someone to explain a simple assignment, Felix finally got back to his table. "I got her number!"
"What?" Jay was surprised by the level of disappointment in Nick's voice, not aware that it could ever be this bad.

"Please tell me you are going to text her to ask what the assignment is." Riven said, followed by Felix' confused expression which made Riven roll his eyes dangerously far back.

"Jeez, what are we going to do now?" Nick asked, and Riven shrugged his shoulders.
Jay checked his phone again, but Levi still hadn't reached out to him.

"Jay, what the hell is going on?" Nick seemed genuinely concerned, which made Jay realize it'd be better to tell them. "Levi got a call from his dad and left school early just now, and I have no idea why."

"Perhaps someone in his family got hurt?" Riven suggested.
"I guess that could be true, but... something about this just doesn't sit right with me."

Felix sighed. "I guess that is what it must be like being in love. I see you really like this guy a lot to be worried about him this much. If something bad had happened he would've contacted you way earlier on, wouldn't he? He doesn't even know you are looking for him so I'm sure he will just explain when he has the time to do so."

Jay nodded slowly. "I guess you are right-"
"Of course I am."
"I shouldn't worry too much."
"Right!" Nick agreed. "Now can we ask the teacher what the assignment is?"

They spent the rest of that class getting scolded by their teacher for not remembering the assignment and after that failing to pretend they were actually doing the task they were given.

Right at the end of class, about 3 minutes before they could leave, Jay's phone started ringing.
"Jay, you should've muted your phone before coming into class." His teacher reprimanded him.

Jay didn't even listen, instead hurriedly grabbing his phone to check who was calling.
"I have to get this." He told the teacher.

She frowned. "No, you have to wait until this class is done. There's just 3 minutes left."
"I'm sorry, I really can't wait." Jay got up, and walked towards the door.

"Jay, don't you dare-"
He slammed the door shut before she could finish her sentence, meanwhile answering the call and bringing his phone to his ear.

"Minnie? Are you okay?"

"J- jay? Can you please come and get me?"

~~~~

《NICK'S POV》

"Well, he's going to get into quite some trouble." Felix mumbled, shaking his head in disapproval.
"I don't think he cares." Nick started packing up his stuff.

Riven had started doing the same. He looked up, but when he saw Nick staring he quickly looked away. He had been continuously doing this the past month, refusing to make eyecontact.

"Riven."
His friend, if you could even still call him that at this point, looked up, finally facing him for once.
"I'll go home with you this afternoon. We need to talk."

During the car drive neither one of them said a word, so they were both relieved to arrive at Riven's home.
They got themselves something to drink, and sat down on the white couch. It gave Nick flashbacks to the times he hugged Riven on there, making him regret ever letting go of him.