Chapter 2

《JAY'S POV》

Jay tried to not make too much noise while opening the doors to the church hall, but still the entire church turned around to stare at him like he was some intruder that was about to murder everyone.

Honestly he wished that he could do that, but then again, it wasn't these people's fault for his parents allowing his stepmom to force him to go to this church.

This was the first time he'd come, and he wasn't totally looking forward to it. And now he was late too. He knew when he came home his stepmom would get furious, but honestly, he didn't really care.

He just hoped he would be able to survive this, which he seriously doubted.

He saw his stepmom and his dad already sitting on their place, without having considered leaving some space for him to sit.

He was about to turn around and leave, but his stepmom was making some very obvious hand gestures at him, and he knew he would never be able to pretend that he never saw those, so he walked towards her.

"Jay, why are you late?!" She whisper-yelled, with her eyes looking like they were about to pop out.
When he was younger he used to be scared when she looked like that but now he just thought it was funny.

"I'm sorry. But it seems like you really didn't expect me to come in the first place." His stepmom gasped, like he said something bad, and then shook her head, so her hat nearly fell off. "Sit behind us, next to your brother."

Jay sighed, but decided it'd be better to listen to her. Since his 'brother' didn't seem to want to move for him, he jump-stumbled over the pre-teen's way too long legs for his age, and quickly sat himself down.

While he untied his jacket, he looked at his left, and immediately smirked by the sight of a boy, who had already fallen asleep. He seemed to not even have noticed Jay's not too quiet arrival.

He had dark blonde, curly hair, and a pretty face. His cheeks were a little red, probably due to him sleeping, which made him kinda look cute and hot at the same time.

Jay quickly turned his head away and stared at the pillar in front of him. Sh*t, he was doing it again! Lately he had been staring at guys more, noticing how beautiful they looked, and how some of them made his heart flutter.

When he told his friend about it, she had begun to smile, and said what Jay had been fearing for a while. "Perhaps you're gay." It sounded more like a conclusion than a question, but still Jay had denied it immediately.

"No! Besides, I've had a girlfriend before, remember?" This made her laugh even more, and she was quick to remember him: "You were 7! And you broke up with her because you wanted to hang out with your MALE best friend instead of her."

"That still doesn't make me gay. I was 7, just like you said." Tiana shrugged her shoulders. "Well it surely doesn't make you straight either."
Jay grumbled, and pushed her away. "Shut up, or else I'll never talk to you again. Gosh, you're so annoying."

Jay looked down to hide his smile, that had appeared on his face while thinking back at his convo with his best friend. Tiana could be pretty irritating, but still she was the sweetest person ever, who had helped him through some really hard times.

Also, he knew she would always support him, whatever sexuality he had, something he surely couldn't say about his own family. In some ways, Tiana and her family were more of a family to him than his own, and-

He felt someone touch his shoulder, and instantly, he felt his muscles contract. He looked to his side, and saw that the boy had put his head on Jay's shoulder, still asleep, unknowing of what he was doing to Jay right now.

Jay's heart was beating faster than he knew was possible, and his palms started to get sweaty. What was this guy doing? Why was he not waking up?!

He heard someone grin, and as he turned his head he saw his stepbrother look at him, while doing nothing to try and hide his amusement.

Jay wished he could slap that grin off his face, but he realised this wasn't the right place nor time to do such a thing. He heard the boy sigh in his sleep, and panicked on the inside. He wasn't gonna be able to endure this any longer.

"Then now, let us pray to the lord, to ask him to bless us being gathered together here today." Jay blinked a few times, something which he normally did when he was confused, since he already had forgotten about him having to listen to the preacher. But honestly, who would be able to do that in his situation?

Everyone closed their eyes, and Jay decided that it'd be the best to do so too, and act like nothing was wrong. But after 10 seconds he opened them again, and looked down at the boy, who seemed to find his shoulder extremely comfortable, since he still hadn't woken up.

And honestly... Jay had to admit he didn't mind the guy that much either. He had already gotten used to the feeling of his head on his shoulder, and in return he could look at the boy's face.

How old would he be? He surely wasn't older than Jay, but he couldn't be that much younger either. Probably 15, perhaps 14, but he didnt really believe that.

The center of his thoughts moved his head, so a few curls fell in front of his face. Jay quickly looked around to check if anyone was watching, and then used his pinky, to move the curls out of his face.

He stared at the guy for a few seconds, then shook his head, and whispered: "Why do you have to be so cute. Just know you brought this upon yourself, it isn't my fault."

Then, he looked away, and closed his eyes, to not open them until the preacher spoke the magic word: "AMEN."

They sang a song, that the guy somehow still slept through, and then the preacher started his speech.
After a few minutes, Jay's sleeping beauty all of a sudden started moving again.

Jay looked at him, and saw the dude started to frown a bit. Gosh, somehow it made him look even more perfect than he already was.
Then, he opened his eyes. He stared into Jay's eyes, and then slowly screened Jay's entire face.

Jay just stared back at him, ready for the boy to realise what was happening. And he did. His eyes widened, and he got up as quickly as he could. He started blushing like crazy, which made Jay smile a bit.

Then, he looked away, probably trying to pretend nothing happened, even though half of the church just had witnessed him sleeping on Jay's shoulder.

Jay went with his hands through his hair, and as soon as the guy looked a bit his way again, he moved his face close to his, and whispered: "Dude, it's fine if you are this desperate to use my shoulder as your pillow, but please warn me first next time. I wasn't mentally prepared to have someone sleep on my shoulder for 23 minutes, you know..."

His victim's eyes widened again: "I- I'm sorry, I didnt intend to-" But Jay cut him off: "Don't worry. I'm stronger than you'd think, I can handle it."

He then looked the other way, wondering if the boy knew he was talking about his heart, and not his shoulder.

《END OF THIS CHAPTER》

Okii so I didn't expect to write an entire chapter about this moment, but I've proven myself wrong once again.

Btw by the time you'll be reading this I'll have a title and cover already but right now I still don't, so shame on me.

I really need to hurry up thinking of a title since else I'll have finished this entire thing without even having uploaded anything lolol😂🙈

But yah that's all I have to say for now so byii👋👋