Chapter 4

《LEVI'S POV》

Levi wondered if he was gonna be able to survive the church activities this year. Last year was a disaster, but how was it his fault that he fell asleep that quick?

And it was not like the preachers speech was THAT interesting. He normally only talked about their church and how different it was from other churches and how they all were so lucky to be the chosen ones by GOD to be raised in this community.

Levi closed his eyes, too tired to keep them open. He had been up all night watching some dance video's, and he honestly didn't care what people would think of him sleeping anymore.

He had arrived here earlier than the other kids, since his dad drove him and his sisters here, because he had to prepare stuff to teach his own class. His dad was one of the church leaders, who gave classes and visited members of the church.

This meant that the focus was always on him and his family, and the way they behaved. He knew everyone was talking about them behind their backs, but no one dared to say it to his dad's face.

Levi was actually really thankful for that, since he wasn't always behaving like the son of one of the representatives of the church should be, and he would be screwed if his dad found out about that.

"Are you gonna fall asleep here too?" The the guy's voice was deep, and sounded somehow comforting, like something Levi could listen to for hours, without getting bored.

He felt like he had heard it before, but couldn't remember where. He opened his eyes, and saw the dude who always sat next to him in church standing at his left, leaning over his body a bit.

"Oh. It's you."
He grinned, and smiled, showing his perfectly straight teeth. "Well, is that all I get from the person who has been abusing my shoulder for the last... what is it, 3 months?"

Levi started blushing for a reason he himself didn't even know, and cleared his troath. "I'm sorry about that. I can't help it, from now on I'll try and-"
"Was it comfortable?" This guy had a thing for not letting people finish their sentences apparently.

"What?"
He smiled again, and looked really attractive all of a sudden. "My shoulder. Was sleeping on it a bit comfortable?"
Levi looked away, to avoid having to look the guy in his eyes. "I guess."

"It seems like it did damage your head a bit, tho."
Levi turned around to look at him in shock. Wth was this guy talking about?
"What do you mean? Where?"

The guy slapped the side of his head. "Here."
"Yah!" Levi pushed away his hand. "It's not funny!"
Instead of responding to him, the boy sat down next to him.

"It seems like we haven't introduced ourselves yet. I'm Jay." He reached out his hand, and Levi, without even thinking about it, grabbed it. "Hi Jay. Nice to meet you, I guess."

"Ahh, Levi. Good to see you are getting to know your other students. Then please help me hand out these Bibles. Make sure everyone gets one." Levi got up quickly, and went to help the teacher. While placing a bible on each desk, he saw that Jay kept staring at him, with not the least bit of shame.

But he also knew he wasn't the one who should talk about having no shame, considering how he had slept on Jay's shoulder for the past 3 months, without even knowing who the dude was. 

After he finished handing out the Bibles, he went to sit back down next to Jay, who still hadn't taken his eyes off of him. "So your name is Levi... Good to know."

Levi knew he didnt really have anything to lose, and nodded quietly. "JAY!" Another guy ran towards them. He had short, blonde hair and light blue eyes, with whom he was looking at them like he was witnessing the biggest sin of all time happening in front of his face.

"Matt, calm down a bit. What is wrong with you?" Jay apparently knew him, and seemed to be a bit annoyed to be bothered by him.
Matt looked at Levi now, and started smiling, in a way that made Levi fear the worst. "It seems like you two found each other again."

Levi frowned. What the heck was this kid talking about? He seemed to be of his age, perhaps a bit younger. "Matt, shut up." Jay looked at Levi, as if he knew how to get rid of this dude. "This is my brother, Matthew."

He was lying. There was no way that these two guys were brothers. Levi knew that sometimes siblings really didn't look alike, but these two were way too extreme. Matt looked kinda Scandinavian, and Jay was surely Asian.

But... why would he be lying about such a thing? How were they related then? Were they perhaps...? No, they couldn't be gay, right? Then they would've come up with a better excuse.

Maybe he should just ask Jay if...
"Okay everyone, let's start today's class by opening your Bible and reading a chapter of Leviticus." He saw Jay looking his way with a smirk on his face, probably because of his name being related with the Bible.

He decided to ignore it, and instead just searched for Leviticus 3. When he looked up, he saw Jay's face just a few inches away from his. "Wh- what are you doing?" Levi whispered, his voice was shaking a bit.

"I'm looking what page number it is." Jay winked-
Jay WINKED at Levi, and then moved away to search up the right page in his own Bible.

Levi let his breath out, while slowly getting his body out of panic mode again. This dude was crazy! No one dared to come this close to Levi, since they all knew he would literally kill them for doing it.

But he also knew this guy probably couldn't know that, since the way Levi had claimed his shoulder for 4 hours each week for the past 3 months didn't make him look like someone who really hated physical contact.

"Levi, please continue reading from here on."  The voice of the teacher awakened Levi from his dreamy state, and brought him back into the real world.
"I- I-"

Sh*t. Where the f*ck were they?
"It's here." Without warning him, Jay grabbed his hand, and put Levi's index finger at where he had to start reading.

But instead of starting to read, Levi stared at him in shock, not being able to move or think for a few seconds. "Levi?" Jay looked a bit troubled, not knowing what to do.

Then, Levi pulled his hand away, from under Jay's soft, long fingers, so fast that he actually got up from his chair, and looked down at Jay, who looked in total shock over the way Levi had overreacted by Jay simply touching his hand.

"Levi! What do you think you're doing?! Both you and Jay stay here after class!" The preacher sounded seriously mad, and Levi sat down, slowly starting to realise what he had done.

He glanced at Jay, afraid he would be pissed, but instead he looked more like he was worried. Jay leaned towards him. "Are you okay? I'm sorry if I did something wrong."

Levi shook his head. "I was overreacting, don't worry. I'm fine."
Jay sighed, but decided to leave him alone for now. Levi was thankful for that. He had a lot to think about right now.

He knew he would have to explain his extreme reaction to Jay's touch. Everyone would think it was because he hated being touched, but only he knew it wasn't because of that.

It was because when Jay touched his hand, and looked at him like that...

His heart fluttered.

《END OF THIS CHAPTER》

Heheh I enjoyed writing this chapter way too much honestly I'm such a fluff person hehehehhe