Chapter 33

《LEVI'S POV》

Levi had no idea for how long he had been crying. He didn't care. All he wanted was to wake up from this nightmare he called his life. How did all of this happen?

"Levi..." Levi hadn't noticed Matt entered the bathroom.
"Are you okay?" Matt sounded really concerned, Levi even sensed a bit of guilt.
"I'm... I'm fi-" He couldn't even finish his sentence, since his crying worsened again.

Matt sat down next to him, and without saying a word, put an arm around Levi's shoulder. Levi rested his head on Matt's shoulder, while closing his eyes and pretending it was Jay's shoulder he was leaning on.

"Jay doesn't want to be friends with me." It came out as a whisper, though he hadn't intended it to be.
"Do you?"
Matt's short answer caused a chaos of emotions inside Levi's head.

"No." He said.
"Then why are you crying?"
Levi didn't know how to respond to that. Why was he crying? "I don't know. I thought if we were still friends, we could..."

When he didn't finish his sentence, he felt Matt take a deep breath. "You mean... you could still imagine, that it would've been possible to be more than friends?"
Levi nodded, wondering how Matt knew him so well.

"I just wish I had never met him." He whispered.
"But since you did... can't you make it be something good?"
Levi took his head off Matt's shoulder to look at him. "What do you mean?"

"Well, you met him, so you better put some use to that. I know it might sound weird but, perhaps you should see this as a chance you would've never gotten otherwise."
"Are you telling me to date him right now?"

"Yea, kind of.  But who knows, it might turn out to be something good. And if you don't try it, you will never discover what good thing that is."
Levi wasn't totally convinced, but he was able to understand at least a bit of what Matt meant.

"I don't know... my parents-"
Matt grinned. "It's funny you say that."
"Funny?"
"I said the same thing to Jay when he texted me that he liked you, since he thought the number I had given him was yours."

"What?!"
"Yea, that's why he got so upset when he found out that I gave him the wro-"
"No no no..." Levi paused for a bit, needing to take everything in for a bit. "He confessed to me? Without me even knowing?"

Matt nodded. "Yup. Honestly, I never expected him to tell you like that, so I was a bit shocked to say the least."
Levi still couldn't believe what he was hearing. "So... Jay confessed to me, and you didn't even have the decency to tell me?"

"I didn't think it was my place to do so, and even if I did... would that have changed how you think about his feelings towards you right now?"
Levi thought about that for a second. "I guess not. But... what did you answer?"

"Well, as you know I told him that your parents wouldn't agree."
Levi stared at Matt for a while. "What did he say?"
Matt finally turned his head to look Levi in the eyes. "It's not about your parents, Levi."

"Matt! Levi!" Alex came running in to the bathroom. "What is taking so long?"
Then he saw Levi's face, and realised what was going on. "Levi? What happened? Why did you cry?"

He kneeled down in front of him, with a worried look on his face.
"I'm okay... I called Jay, and just... I had a talk with him."
"Alright..." Alex said. "Do you wanna tell me what you talked about?"

"He just... told me he doesn't want to be friends with me. But I talked to Matt, and I'm okay now."
Levi suddenly remembered something, and started smiling. "By the way... I didn't even tell you my mom is okay with me dating Jay."