Chapter 18

《NICK'S POV》

Riven nodded, and moved his body closer towards Nick, who placed his hand on Riven's cheek, just like he had done before when he kissed him in class, and also when they were over at Riven's home.

"Then, are you sure?" He whispered, just to make sure Riven really was fine with this.
Riven nodded again, and looked Nick in his eyes. Nick saw he was very nervous, probably even a bit panicked.

He came closer, until his nose touched Riven's. He looked Riven into his eyes for the very last time.
Then, he pulled his head away and got up, walking a few steps away from him.

When he looked over his shoulder he saw Riven looking up at him in total confusion, probably wondering what he did wrong.
"N-Nick?"
Nick turned around. "I'm not gonna do this. Not when you're like this."

Riven looked even more confused now. "What do you mean? What did I do wrong?"
Nick shook his head, and sat back down, taking Riven's tiny hands in his. "You didn't do anything wrong. I just can't kiss you when you feel like this."

"I felt fine, I told you I did."
Nick frowned, he didn't like it when Riven lied to him, especially not about these kind of things. "Don't lie to me Riven. We both know you didn't feel comfortable at all, neither that you were ready for it."

"But, didn't you say that we should try to improve, which means we had to try out stuff I wasn't totally comfortable with?"
Nick thoughtlessly played with Riven's fingers. "I did say that, but I also said that you had to consent to it."

"But I did! You never forced me to do it."
Nick smiled, and Riven immediately stopped talking. "You were forcing yourself."
Riven pouted, making Nick's heart skip a beat. "But... I really tried. It's just..."

Nick put a finger over his lips, before he could go on. "Don't worry, it's fine."
Riven smiled, and then he did too. Their smiles went over in grins, and before they knew it, they were both laughing out loud. "We really are weird." Nick mumbled.

Riven nodded. "True. Also, you really look so damn hot without your shirt on."
Nick pulled Riven closer. "I do, huh?" He quickly kissed Riven on his forehead, after which he got up. "Let's see if our clothes are dry yet, honey."

~~~~

《LEVI'S POV》

"Well, good to see you are here too, neighbor." Jay sat down next to him, which made Levi want to roll his eyes at him. "Hi."

For some reason, he couldn't get along well with Jay whenever he met him in any situation related to church or their parents, but at school they got along way better.

He didn't know what caused it though, but it probably had to do with the way Jay acted way differently when there were adults around. He would suddenly turn into a really fake, suspiciously polite person, and Levi couldn't stand that one bit.

"Oh, you guys are here!" Matt also entered the room at quickly sat down next to his stepbrother, since he was a bit late, unsurprisingly. He usually sat next to Jay, for some unknown reason.

It was not because he didn't like Levi though, they had actually gotten closer the past few days. Levi would even dare to call him his friend by now, and he didn't call anyone his friend quickly.

Actually, he had been friends with only Alex ever since they met each other. They simply didn't need anyone else, and no one wanted to join them anyway. And then Matt came along.