Chapter 31

《NICK'S POV》

Nick woke up due to a loud noise, and immediately felt like his head was about to explode. "Gosh..." he pulled Riven closer and buried his head in his friend's shoulder. Then, he heard the noise again, and realised it was Felix.

"WHAT IS GOING ON?!"

"Felix, shut up." He mumbled.
"I thought you guys weren't for real?" Nick looked up and saw Felix hurrying towards them.
Riven finally woke up as well. "F*ck off, let me sleep." He said without even opening his eyes.

"Are you guys gay?" Felix looked a bit shocked for some reason.
"Felix, stop talking. You're hurting my brain." Nick finally sat up while giving his friend an angry look.
"Omg... you guys have each other... Jay has Levi... I'M GONNA BE ALL BY MYSELF!!"

"If you keep screaming that certainly will come true." Riven spoke, not ready to get up yet.
Nick now happened to notice Riven's parents standing at the top of the stairs leading to the first floor. They looked a bit confused about what was going on.

Felix saw Nick looking at the stairs, and finally discovered Riven's parents as well. "Oh crap. Sorry if I woke you up."
He turned to focus on Riven again, who finally opened his eyes, clearly ready to murder his friend for disturbing his peaceful sleep.

"Riven, I didn't know your parents were here."
"I can tell." Riven got up from the couch and stretched his back.
"This couch I less comfortable than I thought."
"Why didn't you guys sleep in your room then?" Riven's mom had walked down the stairs, her husband had probably gone back to bed by now.

"I wasn't about to carry him all the way upstairs." Riven answered, before his mom reached him to give him a hug.
"Well then, next time ask your father for help or something. I wouldn't want you to hurt your back."

She smiled at Nick and Felix. "Let me quickly prepare something to eat, before you have to leave for school."
"Thanks." They said at the same time.
"I'm gonna take a shower." Riven announced. "We don't have that much time until we have to leave, so please hurry."

"What the heck Felix, since when are you worried about being on time?"
"Riven let's shower together." Nick blurted out.
"WHAT?!" Felix looked more panicked than Riven did, and at this point Nick hadn't expected anything else.

"We literally have like 3 other available bathrooms, but nice try I guess."
"But I like your shower the best." Nick wouldn't give up so easily.
"I told you last time as well, these showers are all the same."

"Still, I feel like your shower has something extra."
Felix got more confused with every second this conversation lasted. "Woah... you showered together... before?"

Riven rolled his eyes, but apparently was too tired to clear up the misunderstanding, so he just turned to Nick. "I'm gonna go take a shower now... all by myself."
Nick finally gave in, since he knew Riven was serious. "Fine then"

Nick was first to get downstairs again. He passed Riven's mom in the living room, who told him she prepared some food for them. In the kitchen he found Felix, who had already started eating. Nick sat down across the table.

"Oh, hey Nick." Felix mumbled, and he took another bite of his croissant.
"Why are you here?" Nick finally asked the question that had suddenly popped into his head while showering. Nobody had even thought of asking this before, but then again, it was not like Felix had given them a chance to talk to him without him freaking out.