Chapter 3

3 months later

《JAY'S POV》

Jay entered the church hall, and smiled when he saw the boy already was seated, next to his noisy siblings, who again seemed to be planning on terrorizing their surroundings the full 2 hours the church would last.

Honestly Jay wouldn't mind, as long as they would let their brother sleep in peace... on Jay's shoulder, as had happened every single time he went to church for the past 3 months. Except for last week, when the boy hadn't attended.

Jay had spent the rest of the week wondering why he wasn't there, being worried if anything had happened to him. Luckily he seemed to be fine, since he was sitting here again, as healthy as a teenage boy could be.

Jay sat down next to him, and he saw the guy glare his way, without saying anything. He never said anything, he just slept on Jay's shoulder and then left, like nothing had happened.

It was that he had heard him talk once, the first time that the guy had fallen asleep on his shoulder, or else he would've thought that the boy didn't even know how to talk.

Jay wondered why he always fell asleep, like what could make a human this tired to fall asleep as soon as the preacher started speaking? But he had to admit that whatever that dude was saying, not really was worth spending your time listening to instead of sleeping.

Still, Jay never slept in church at all. He had something even better to do than that. He was actually surprised no one seemed to have noticed that the kid was always sleeping, and Jay was always obsessively staring at him while he was doing so.

The fact that no one seemed to notice anything probably had to do with the guy's siblings, who were honestly f*cking annoying. They were always crying, screaming or kicking each other, or, even worse, random people who dared to sit anywhere near them.

The weird thing was that no one really complained about them. Jay had once asked about it, but his stepmom, who normally loved to talk sh*t about other people, acted like it was nothing and said they were just 'going through a phase'.

In the end, Jay gave up bothering. Besides, those kids were like the main reason no one noticed the thing that was going on between him and the sleeping dude.

He had lately felt himself getting more and more attracted towards the boy, something he really didn't like, but he surely couldn't stop. He felt comfortable around him, without even knowing who the guy was.

He hoped they would be able to perhaps become friends in the future. For some reason he felt like they would be able to get along really well. Tiana already knew who he was, and seemed to ship them, but Jay tried to prevent her from doing so in every way possible.

He couldn't like a GUY. Especially not one he had met in CHURCH, of all places. It was just way too awkward and... they would never be a thing anyways. It would just end up with everyone getting hurt, including themselves.

So he decided not to like this boy, even though he was giving Jay quite a hard time trying not to fall for him. But Jay was sure he could avoid doing so. He was 16, not 13. He was capable of putting his feelings aside.

Most of the time.

As church started, Jay looked at his neighbour once again. He tried to not do so, but honestly it was nearly impossible. And he wanted to look at him too much to actually go for that small bit that could've resented it.

The boy stayed awake for quite a while, which surprised Jay. He was getting better at holding back sleep apparently. That should've delighted Jay, but he only felt disappointment.

The guy's head slowly started shifting forward, and quickly came up again, to again start falling forward. Jay had seen that happening countless times before, but he still couldn't get enough of seeing him dozing off over and over again.

Finally, the boy had given up the fight to try and stay awake, and Jay prepared himself for the feeling of his head on Jay's shoulder again.
Which didn't happen.

The guy seemed to not have fallen over enough, to reach Jay's shoulder. Should he just pull the boy towards him? But that would seem a bit... weird. But what if he kept sitting in that odd position? That would probably hurt his back.

Whatever.

Jay decided he would not care anymore about what people thought. Without spending any more time thinking about what to do, he carefully pulled the sleeping guy towards him, and placed his head against Jay's shoulder.

Then he quickly looked the other way, as if that would undo what he had just done. He saw his stepbrother stare at him, with a smirk on his face.

The only thing that dude did in church seemed to be spying on Jay and his neighbour. Honestly Jay didn't even care anymore. His stepbrother was weird and annoying, but still he wouldn't tell on him.

Jay spent the next 1.5 hours trying not to look at the person who was enjoying the comfort of his shoulder, and meanwhile also trying not to wake him up. Even though he probably wouldn't since this guy was a PRETTY TIGHT sleeper.

Right before they'd sing their last song and pray, after which they could finally leave, until when they had to go to church for another 2 hours in the evening, the preacher made another announcement.

"Due to one of our church leaders having some health problems, the following two groups will have church activities together from now on," he cleared his throat: "the age categories 16-17 and 15-16."

Jay quickly glanced at his left. The boy who had just waken up didn't seem to really care about what the preacher had just announced, so Jay doubted it a little bit, but... If he was right about this guy's age, it would mean they would have church activity together from now on.

That was his way to find out about who this dude was! Obviously he couldn't ask anyone since his stepmom would get suspicious immediately for showing interest in something that had to do with CHURCH, and his dad probably wouldn't even know himself.

The boy yawned throughout the singing, and made some weird faces, probably so he would look more awake. He always did this, and Jay honestly thought it was the cutest thing ever.

After the prayer they all left the church, and Jay drove home on his own, like he would usually do, to avoid having to stand next to his stepmom who would talk forever to anyone who made the mistake to even look her way.

Sometimes his stepbrother would go with him, but today he would go over to his friends house, which gave Jay some time on his own to think about the mess his life was right now.

Honestly he just had to try and sit through everything, especially his relationship with his family. He was nearly 17 now, so he wouldn't have to endure all of this much longer. Still, he was worried for his future.

Most people have a family to support them when they are leaving home, and starting to build a life up for themselves, but Jay wasn't sure his family would support him in a lot of choices he was gonna make about the way he was gonna live his life.

Still, he had already decided that it was perhaps better to go for himself, and what he truly wanted and believed in, than what other people wanted him to do.

But what was there to worry about yet? He was only 16, and he had still over a year to make things right. It was gonna be hard, but he had decided he wanted to start and try to build a better relationship with his family, even though that might be ruined by what he'd choose later on.

At least he tried.

《END OF THIS CHAPTER》

Heheh part 3 already. Didn't expect I'd enjoy writing this so much, but here I am.

Honestly I'm kinda tired rn tho, my eyes are like nearly closed so I can barely even see the screen but still I wanted to finish this.

I was like writing a sentence and then didn't even know what I was actually writing about, so I'm sorry if there was a lot of errors in the end part.