Chapter 6

《LEVI'S POV》

Jay's smile dropped as soon as the words had left his mouth, and Levi wished he could take them back immediately. "I'm sorry, I shouldn't have-"

"No, I haven't." Jay cut his words off once again, but this time Levi didn't mind.
"Oh... I'm sorry for assuming your sexual preference, I just... I really wondered after you asked me like that, I know I shouldn't have asked, it was really rude and-"

"Levi. Relax. It's fine. I get it, I was the one that shouldn't have asked in the first place. I could've known that question would confuse you."
"Levi! Why aren't you coming inside? What if you catch a cold?!"

His mom came running towards them, and grabbed Levi's arm with a worried look in her eyes. "Mom, please." Levi sounded like he was begging her, which was basically true.

His mom frowned. "Don't talk like that to me. I'm your mother, have a bit of respect." Then she noticed Jay, and her face cleared up immediately. "Oh, hello. And who are you?" Jay put on his smile he had also used when talking to Levi's father and the teacher.

"I'm Jay, I just had church activity together with Levi, and since your husband took a while to get ready to go home, I offered to drive Levi home."

His mom's eyes lit up, and she looked very pleased with Jay's behaviour. "Thank you so much for doing that! It is good to see that our son is bonding more with other students of his age in our church."

Levi rolled his eyes, annoyed at how Jay made every adult fall in love with him by his fake politeness and somehow charming way of speaking. This made his mom pinch his arm softly, just like his sister always did to his siblings when they were misbehaving and his parents weren't around.

"Okay, I will leave you guys alone for now. Levi, hurry up and don't stay outside for too long." Jay waved at her as she started walking away. "Goodbye, Mrs. Anderson."

Levi crossed his arm in front of his chest. "Seriously? Are you trying to make my parents fall in love with you or something?"
This made Jay laugh out loud. "This is called socializing, Levi. And if I'm already getting to know them, why not make them like me?"

Levi rolled his eyes once again, not able to stand the way Jay was behaving, as if he knew everything, making Levi feel like a stupid piece of sh*t. "But thanks to you doing that, I'll start hating you."

Jay grinned, not giving one f*ck about Levi's opinion. "Are you jealous? Don't worry, there's a way for you to learn how to do this too. It's called: practice."

Levi slammed the door of the car shut, and walked away, but when he looked back he saw Jay opened the window, after which he stuck his head through the opening: "LEVI!"

Levi sighed. This dude was so fricking annoying. "What?"
"You forgot to thank me for driving you home."
As a thank you Levi flashed his middle finger, and then turned around to go inside his home.

~~~~

"I swear, he is the most annoying motherf*cker I've ever met."
"Wow, calm down a bit. What did he do wrong? I mean, he was just being nice to your parents." Levi's best friend, Alex, looked at him as if Levi had gone crazy.

Which was basically true. In their 11 years of friendship, which was like 70% of their lifespan, he had never seen Levi getting this worked up about any person before. And that was not just because Levi didn't get mad that easily.

"HE WAS MANIPULATING THEM!!!"
"Jeez, chill. How was he manipulating them, when he didn't do anything wrong?" Alex's answer didn't really have the outcome on Levi's mood he had hoped. Instead it made him even more mad.