Chapter 42

《JAY'S POV》

Jay was about to enter the classroom for his last period when he saw Alex running towards him. "Woah, wait! Have you seen Levi?"
"No, I haven't. Why, don't you guys have like 2 more classes?"

"Right before our last class ended Levi had to go to the principal's office, apparently his dad called or something. Since class was about to end he took his bag, but now I can't find him."

Jay started to worry. It wasn't like Levi at all to just disappear like that.
"Anyway," Alex continued, "I guess he probably went to the bathroom or something. I'll get back to class quickly, hopefully he is there already."

Alex was about to leave when Jay grabbed his arm. "If he isn't there, let me know, okay?"
Alex nodded. "I will. Don't worry too much though, I'm sure he'll call you soon otherwise."

"Jay, you need to go sit down, class is about to start." His teacher looked at him, seemingly a bit confused about what was going on.
"Text me." Jay said and Alex promised he would, after which he left.

"What's going on?" Nick asked when he sat down next to him.
"I'm not sure yet." Jay sighed. "I guess I shouldn't be too worried, but I have a bad feeling about this."

"About what?"
"Nick, we are about to start class. Open up your books, everyone."
The teacher started class, but Jay wasn't able to pay attention at all.

He checked his phone every moment the teacher seemed to be a bit distracted, but Alex didn't send anything yet.
Finally, he saw the screen of his phone light up under his notebook.

Alex:

Sorry I wasn't able to text you earlier, but I was seated in the front of this class so I couldn't risk getting my phone taken away before I could reach you

Levi isn't in class

I'm guessing a family member of his got sick or something?

Levi's boyfriend:

But you aren't sure of that tho

I have a bad feeling about this

Alex:

Don't freak out yet

He will probably call or text you first if there's really smth going on

Anyway I'm in the bathroom right now so I have to get back to class before my teacher starts wondering why I'm taking so long

Jay ended his conversation with Alex, while his concerned feeling only got stronger. Why hadn't Levi texted him yet?

"Okay everybody, start making groups to do the assignment with." The teacher concluded the explanation of the project they had to do that Jay already forgot by now.

"Sh*t, what's the assignment?" Felix asked. There was no discussion about who would be in the group, since they would clearly be working together as always.

"Felix, for real? Mrs. Brown just explained this to us."
"Oh well Riven, then you tell us what the assignment is." Felix looked at Riven with a look that made clear how confident he was Riven wouldn't have an idea what they were supposed to do either.

"Ehm I think it would be better if we let Jay explain, as you guys know I'm not good with having the attention on me." Riven attempted to cover for himself.
"Riven, don't you dare try use your social anxiety to hide your hypocrisy."