Chapter 13

《JAY'S POV》

Jay stepped through the door opening onto the balcony. The floor was still a bit cold, since he had just woken up and it was still pretty early in the morning.

Still, the sun was already up, thanks to the long summer days. He walked to the front, and noticed Levi, who was sitting with his back against the railing of the balcony, so he didn't see Jay.

"Hey, neighbour. Good morning."
Levi got up, and turned around to look at him. "Jay."
He didn't seem like he'd continue on talking, but rather run away, so Jay continued for him instead: "What are you doing here?"

Levi sighed, as if Jay could've known. "I'm just taking some time for myself to think."
"About me?" Jay lightened his cigarette, but still noticed his Levi's eyes widened at his question, so he started laughing. "Omg. I was actually right!"

Levi didn't answer, knowing he got caught, so Jay got on top of the railing that was placed around the balcony to prevent anyone from falling off, and sat down, with his legs over the edge.
Levi seemed to hesitate for a while, but then he did the same.

They sat there in silence for some time, facing each other, Jay smoking his cigarette and Levi staring at him while he was doing so.
Somewhere this boy just had no shame.
And somewhere he had way too much of it.

"Do you want to smoke too?" Jay asked, realizing be hadn't even offered the guy a cigarette.
"No, thanks. I'd rather stay healthy."
"You want some chocolate then?"

Levi looked a bit disappointed. "Dude, I just said I wanted to stay hea-"
"Catch this!" Jay threw a bar of chocolate at him.
Levi tried to catch it, but it slipped through his fingers and fell down, onto the grass below Levi's balcony.

Both guys stared at it, while the chocolate was just laying there on the ground.
"Oh okay." Jay then said. "That was quite a bit disappointing."
Levi sighed. "I guess I'll have to pick that up later, or else it'll melt when it gets warmer."

Jay stretches his arms, showing off his muscles, kinda unintentionally, but honestly very much on purpose. "Talking about the warmth. Since it's Saturday today, you can come over and swim in our pool with us."

"Us? Do you mean you and Matt?"
Jay nodded, but then added, on second thought: "And perhaps some of my friends will come too."
Levi needed to think about the offer for a short while, but then seemed to decide it wouldn't do much harm. "Well... fine."

~~~~

After Levi accepted the invitation, Jay went into his room, took a short shower and then went downstairs to get some breakfast.

"Hey, Jay!" Matt was the only one who greeted him, which wasn't surprising, but still a bit disappointing. "Good morning, Matt."

He looked at his stepmom, who was having some breakfast, while reading a Christian newspaper. "I invited a few friends over to swim this afternoon. You don't mind, right?"

His stepmom mumbled something to show her approval, and then nearly choked on her cereal. "What is this?! This PREACHER approves of his GAY SON?!" She shook her head. "I'm so disappointed with this world. The end of times is near, you can clearly see that."

Jay walked into the kitchen, and made himself a sandwich. "Matt, you're joining too, right?"
Matt shrugged his shoulders. "I'm not sure. I mean it's YOUR friends."
"I invited Levi too." Jay took a bite, and closed his eyes. "Gosh, this is so good. I should become a cook."

"How did you invite him? Yoh don't even have his number."
Jay narrowed his eyes, creeped out by his stepbrother once again. "How did you know that?"
Matt grinned. "He told me, through messages. He said he didn't really feel like giving you his number. That I do totally understand obviously."