Chapter 20

《NICK'S POV》

Felix nearly choked on his lunch. "Oh my god, can't you guys let me eat normally for one fricking time?"
"Why? We aren't doing anything wrong, you're the one overreacting with every thing we say or do." Nick couldn't help but say, which earned him an irritated look from his friend.

"But who are you talking about?" Alex asked, all of a sudden interested. "Is she pretty?"
"Are you sure it isn't a he?" Jay asked.
"My reflection in the mirror, obviously."

Alex frowned. "How's that your soulmate? It isn't even a real person."
Matt tried to explain it was a joke, and Alex kept not understanding him, so Nick quickly got bored, and looked at his boyfriend. He had put his head down on the table, and looked at Nick, his eyes partially hidden under his blonde bangs.

Nick put his head on the table too, looking back at Riven. Riven smiled a little, making Nick blush a bit. "Hey, pretty boy. What are you doing tonight?"
Nick grinned, surprised by this sudden question, since Riven had never asked him out before. At least not like this.

"Nothing much. How about you?"
Riven's smile widened. "I'm gonna spend some time with my boyfriend. I haven't been alone with him for a while now."
Nick started wondering whether someone had either taken over Riven's body, or someone threatened him with his life.

"Sounds fun. I must say, I'd really like to meet that boyfriend of yours, he sounds like a very lucky guy."
Riven nodded. "You can, he's behind you right now."
"What the f*ck?!" Nick got up and turned around.

He looked straight into the principals eyes, who looked back with a frown on his face. "Nick. This language is not allowed in this school, and surely not ever to be heard of you again. Also, everyone of you, please calm down a bit. You're making a lot of noise."

He sent Nick one last disapproving look, and then left them. The others waited until he was a few steps away, and then continued talking just like they did before. Nick sat down, and looked at Riven, who also sat straight up in his spot now. "Oh whoops."

Nick shook his head, not being able to understand what just happened. "Your... boyfriend is the principal?"
Riven started now laughing out loud, a sound that Nick didn't hear often, but was too confused to actually enjoy it.

"No, of course not. Gosh, you're so cute Nick. I was kidding."
"Of course you were. Also, thanks for inviting me to go home with you today."
Now it was Riven's turn to look surprised. "But... I didn't-"

"Oh but you did. And you can't take it back now."
Nick smiled at his shook boyfriend, and then got up. "I finished eating guys, so let's go."

~~~~

"Riven, what do you want to drink?" Riven looked up, clearly disappointed Nick even would have to ask.
"Oh, of course."
"You can't have any alcohol. I don't want you all over me."

"I won't be. I have a good alcohol tolerance." Nick defended his drinking habits.
Riven rolled his eyes. "Who are you even trying to kid? We both know you don't."

Nick sighed, but then walked back to the kitchen where he got both of them some Coca Cola. He didn't want to get into a fight Riven, especially not after how laid back he had been today. He really seemed to be able to handle having Nick coming close to him better lately.

When he came back, he saw Riven was on his laptop, watching something. When he saw Nick entering the room, he quickly closed it, and acted a bit nervous, as if he had been caught doing something weird.