Chapter 21

《RIVEN'S POV》

Riven's dad nodded, and walked down the 3 steps of stairs to enter the living room. "We came home a day early, since a meeting got cancelled." He pinched his son's cheek, and grabbed the popcorn, after which he sat down in his favourite chair. "Good thing you prepared some food, I'm starving."

Riven's mom rolled her eyes. "Of course you're starving, since you still refuse to eat on the plane."
"That food is totally disgusting! And unhealthy too."
Riven's mom sighed, and also walked down the stairs. "It's not like popcorn is that much better."

She then turned towards Riven, who already knew what was going to happen now. She quickly walked towards the couch, and then sat down next to Riven, only to hug him tightly.
Riven desperately tried to escape from her embrace. "Mom, please! You're choking me!"

His mom finally let go of him, and messed up his hair. "I missed you too, Riven." Then she looked at Nick, who seemed to be in a state of shock. "Hello, I'm Riven's mom. You can call me Delaney. And that's Killian, Riven's dad."

Nick smiled at her, clearly still confused. "I... see. I am Nick."
"Well it's very nice to meet you, Nick." Riven's mom turned around and walked towards her husband, after which she said down on the armrest of his chair, and stuffed some popcorn in her mouth.

Nick seemed very confused by all of this, and looked at Riven, probably wondering what was wrong with those parents of his.
"Mm, Riven..." His father was the first person to speak next. "Why didn't you tell us about your boyfriend earlier?"

Nick froze, and Riven gasped for air, barely being able to believe his father just asked that. "He's not... my boyfriend..." he then said, but it sounded more like a whisper.
His parents shared a look.

"I'm really not." Nick agreed.
"That can't be true," Riven's father objected. "We clearly saw the footage."
"Wait, what footage?" Nick sounded very nervous for some reason.

"Here." Riven's father took out his phone, and handed it to Riven. It was a video, filmed in a classroom. Nick appeared in the frame, and Riven instantly knew what video it was. He watched how Nick got down on one knee, and without any hesitation, asked Riven to be his boyfriend.

He looked over his shoulder, and saw that Nick was watching too, with a frown on his face. He clearly wasn't too happy about this. When Riven looked back at the screen, Nick got up, and then the clip cut to the moment where Nick took a step towards Riven, and kissed him.

Riven looked at his parents, who were just sitting there not saying anything. Then, he looked at Nick, who seemed too shook to even come up with something to say. Riven's dad sighed, and took back his phone. "I got this from one business contacts. His daughter posted it. Listen, I'm fine with you too being in a relationship, but I'm not too sure about how happy I am with you allowing your friend to post this kind of-"

"Sophia." Nick mumbled.
"Pardon?" Riven's father didn't seem to have any idea what was actually going on.
"I am literally gonna kill her." Nick got up, then seemed to realise what he just said, so he quickly apologized and left the room.

"What... was that all about?" Killian looked at his wife, probably wondering what he had done wrong.
Luckily Riven's mom was a bit quicker. She got up, and sat down next to her son. "We won't let them get away with this. I promise."

Riven's dad breathed in very slowly. "You mean... THAT B*TCH! WHO DOES SHE THINK SHE IS, THROWING MY SON UNDER THE BUS LIKE THIS, FORCING HIM TO COME OUT, AND RUINING MY-"