Chapter 19

《JAY'S POV》

Levi's eyes widened, an expected reaction, to a very unexpected question. Jay wondered how the girl who was supposed to be his best friend somehow always was able to embarrass him the most.

It had always been like this, so he shouldn't be surprised, but this time was really worse than anything she'd done to him before. And she had done some real messed up stuff.

Not on purpose though, it was just in her personality, and Jay had gotten used to it. He had been able to accept it as being a part of her, and had never regretted being friends with her despite this part of her.

Until now.
"H-His boyfriend? Jay has a boyfriend?" Levi's voice was trembling a bit, seemingly a bit upset after hearing this, which was understandable when knowing about his family's view on homosexuality.

"Yes, he does. Weird, I thought you were Levi...?"
Levi gasped, realizing she was talking about him indeed. "I am Levi. But I think you must he mistaken. Me and Jay... we aren't in that kind of relationship."

Jay frowned at Matt. He wondered how his stepbrother got Tiana's phone number. Matt winked at him, making Jay want to punch him, but he couldn't, since everyone was watching.

"You guys aren't? But-"
Matt cut off her sentence by clearing his throat. "Oh, they aren't. I misunderstood. It must be only a one sided crush then."
"Well, this is an interesting turn this conversation took. But I have to say, I can't complain."

"Shut up Nick. Also, Matt, you're dead."
Levi stared at Jay. "Is... he telling the truth?"
Jay shook his head. "Absolutely not, that guy is full of sh*t."

"So... it was a lie? But you really are gay, right?"
This was one of the few times Jay wished he never met Tiana. That didn't happen often, but this was the moment he did.

"I'm not."
Tiana, obviously not getting the hint, naive as she was, continued: "But you are. I have known you forever, Jay. I know you are."
"Tiana."

Tiana looked at him, biting her lip in confusion. "You aren't? But... how about that guy you had a crush on when we were in elementary school? And 3 years ago, when you were in love with that boy, what is his name again... Jamie? You told me you even dreamt about kissing him."

"Tiana!"
"Oh my gash. They didn't... I'm sorry. I didn't mean to-"
"F*ck off." Jay knew he wouldn't be able to control his anger if he stayed in the same room as her, so he turned around and walked away.

He walked to the side of the restaurant, and sat down on the stairs that lead to the back door of the restaurant.
He lightened a sigaret, wanting to forget this entire moment, but meanwhile knowing that he would never be able to erase it from his mind.

"Hey." Levi was suddenly standing in front of him.
Jay didn't answer him, but instead moved to the side.
Levi sat down next to him. "I- I don't mind that you're gay."

"I'm not... gay. I might have had some thoughts, but those are gone now." Jay lied.
"Oh, I see. Then, do you have some girl you like?"
Jay was a bit overwhelmed by this question, so he had to think for a short while. Then he slowly nodded, as if he wasn't sure about it himself yet. "I do have someone I like. But it's a bit complicated..."

"Ohh... Is it that girl?"
Jay felt a bit confused by the disappointment in Levi's voice, but he decided to ignore it. "Tiana? Absolutely not. That girl has been in love with her same classmate for ages now. Liking her would be madness."

"So, who is it then?"
Jay hesitated for a second. "Do you need to know?"
Levi quickly blinked, and looked the other way. "No... of course not."
Jay nodded, and put his sigaret away.