Chapter 5

《JAY'S POV》

The teacher looked at them thoroughly, trying to get them to tell him what exactly happened. "So, why did you act like that, Levi?"

Levi looked the other way, apparently not wanting to clear up this situation, so Jay answered in his place. "Well, I don't know what made him act that way, but perhaps it had something to do with me touching his hand."

The preacher slowly nodded. "I know. That's also the reason I made you stay with him." Levi rested his head on his hand, while having his arm placed on the armrest of his chair, not planning on taking part in this conversation.

"Then it's probably because he doesn't like being touched."
Jay turned around to see Mr. Anderson standing on the doorstep, seemingly having heard their entire conversation.

"Mr. Anderson! Good you're here!" The teacher looked a bit nervous, as if he had been caught doing something bad.
"Did my son trouble you during today's lesson?"

Jay felt confused for a second, since he was pretty sure he wasn't Mr. Anderson's son, but then he noticed that both men were looking at Levi, who still refused to acknowledge the fact this conversation was taking place.

"Is Levi your son?" He couldn't help but sound totally shook, which wasn't weird since no one in their right mind would've expected Levi, and his crazy siblings to be the children of one of the fricking church leaders.

"Yes, he is. Did he never tell you that?"
Jay grinned his most evil grin. "No, I didn't know. We aren't that close anyways." He looked at Levi, who peeked at him, probably wondering what he was gonna tell his dad. He was basically sh*tting his pants right now, something Jay was very aware of.

And Jay wasn't scared to admit, he totally loved that.

"So you're the son of one of the church leaders, AND you hate physical contact. To be very honest, I never expected that."
What do you mean?" Mr. Anderson asked, probably wondering wth was going on between these two.

"It's nothing, I just wished I had known this before. I mean, I probably made him uncomfortable by touching his hand like that. It must have been very shocking for him to have someone suddenly invade his personal space like that."

Mr. Anderson nodded, glad to see that this student was so understanding. "It's fine, I see that all of this was just a simple misunderstanding. I hope this won't result into any problems between the two of you, since you seem like a very fitting friend for my son."

Levi decided it was time to speak up. This Jay-dude was totally winning over Levi's father, and Levi could not stand it, knowing that in the end, he would be the one who would get blamed by his dad over this entire situation.

"Seriously dad, I-"
"Don't worry, I don't hold any grudges. Doesn't the Bible tell us to love our enemies?" Jay smiled at Levi, which clearly pissed his 'enemy' off. "Levi, I forgive you."

Levi opened his mouth to protest, but his dad was faster: "Good. Then, I'll first finish up some stuff here, and then we'll go home. It'll take my like 40 minutes."
"Seriously?! I have to wait for that long? It's Monday evening, I have stuff to do."

"I can take him home." Jay smiled at Mr. Anderson, pretty sure he would not refuse his offer, after the way he had 'befriended' him.
"Omg, are you kidding me?" Levi mumbled, not loud enough to let his dad and the teacher hear it.

"That's a good idea! You can go with him, Levi. I'll take your sisters home after I finished up everything in here. Then, goodbye everyone, I'll take my leave."
The teacher, thankful he got off with this situation this easily without having made a fool of himself, greeted them and left too.