Chapter 7

《JAY'S POV》

Jay was walking through the hallway with his new friends that he just made a few seconds ago, when he saw his stepbrother... together with Levi and another dude that looked like he'd kinda rather be anywhere else than here, but also was enjoying this thing that was going on in some way.

But what Jay payed more attention to at this moment was the way his brother seemed to be threatening Jay's... whatever Levi was of Jay. Levi was standing with his back against the wall, and Matt was right in front of him, only a few centimeters away from his body.

Jay frowned. Whatever his stepbrother was trying to do seemed like his job, and he totally did not enjoy seeing his stepbrother, of all people, take his place.

"HURRY UP! TELL ME, WHAT HAS JAY DONE TO MAKE YOU HATE HIM?!"
F*ck. Jay already knew what Levi was about to say. If anyone found out what he had done last night, he'd be screwed.

"Alright, if you want to know so badly. Last night, Jay-"
"YAH! WHAT DO YOU GUYS THINK YOU'RE DOING?!"
Jay quickly walked towards the two guys, who seemed too shook to answer him.

That was good, since it gave him the time to think of how to stop this situation from escalating in Levi spilling all the tea, and Jay getting bullied for the rest of his life. By his own stepbrother, obviously.

"J-Jay..." Levi stumbled, seemingly lost for words.
"Are you trying to trash me? Do you want your father to find out how well his son behaves in church or something?"

Levi's eyes widened, as usual when he heard something what shocked him. "What the f*ck, Jay! Don't you dare tell him anything."
Jay sighed. "I see we understand each other."

Levi bit his lip, which gave Jay instant flashbacks to the night before in the car, and he tried to get it of his mind immediately.
Obviously he failed miserably at doing that.

"What the flip flop is going on?" The other guy looked terribly confused, which Jay could understand since he had probably no idea who all these people were.

"Oh, I'm Jay."
The guy started smirking all of a sudden, and looked at Levi. "Ahh, this is Jay..."
Levi's face turned red. "I-I think we have to go now. We're late for class already."

He pushed Matt aside, grabbed his friend by his arm and quickly ran away.
Matt shook his head, and then looked at Jay as if all of this was his fault. "Well, seems like I have to go too. I can't be late for my first class."

"You are already late."
Matt ignored his stepbrother, and slowly walked away, as if he had gotten all the time in the world.
"Wow. Those kids are super weird. How do you know them?"

"They're my stepbrother, and his friends."
Felix nodded. "Let's go play basketball then."

Felix was one of the three guys he had befriended here. He was very friendly, and had the greatest smile Jay had ever seen. He was very optimistic, and, according to his friends, also very single. He had curly red/brown-ish hair, and dark brown eyes.

Then, you had Nick. He was the one that was the least single of them, with girls who were always after him. He had dark brown hair that he gelled back, and sparkly blue eyes. He was a bit narcissistic, but who could blame him for that, every girl seemed to be in love with him.