Chapter 38

《JAY'S POV》

Jay listened to the preacher rambling on and on, until he started to feel sleepy himself. He looked at Levi, who had his head resting against Jay's shoulder like usual.

He didn't seem to be actually sleeping this time though. He was fighting to keep his eyes open, which meant he'd fall asleep pretty soon. Jay grinned, realizing that watching Levi fall asleep had become one of his favorite moments of the week.

This was the only time they could be this close in public. He knew that if this would happen in any other situation, they would instantly get found out. But now everyone just thought he was helping this poor, sleepy boy out.

This was why he appreciated these moments more than anything. It had been 3 days since they had started dating now. Yesterday he had taken Levi out to see a movie, despite knowing that going to the cinema wasn't really allowed in their religion.

But that was only a smaller rule, that nobody would care about if they found out about the way bigger rule they were breaking. Jay looked down at Levi again, who looked like he was peacefully taking a nap.

Suddenly Jay got reminded of what happened between Riven and Nick. Well, rather his lack of knowledge of what exactly had happened. After Nick's sudden outburst he had stormed off, leaving him and Felix in total confusion.

Riven had mumbled something about him just being a bit stressed out about school or something, without clarifying what exactly Nick had meant.

Jay and Felix had shared a look, and decided not to bug him about it, since he seemed totally unwilling to talk about it.

They had just continued eating lunch, until suddenly Nick was next to them again. He had sat down next to Riven, ignoring the fact that Felix and Jay were there, and started a conversation that only confused Jay and Felix even more.

He had apologized to Felix for lashing out at him, and told him that he shouldn't have reacted that way because none of this was Riven's fault. At that point Jay had really started questioning what was going on.

But neither Nick or Riven had given them an explanation, so he and Felix had been left trying to grasp what was truly happening. Jay still wasn't sure about that until now.

The rest of the day everything had been really awkward, so Jay and Felix had ended up mostly talking to each other other, since neither of the two boys seemed to be willing to talk.

Jay looked down at Levi's face again, realizing that he was really lucky that everything between them was settled now. He still couldn't believe that he could really call this cutie his boyfriend now.

His dad really hadn't told his stepmom, since if he did there was no way she wouldn't have confronted him about it. But he also hadn't said anything to him about their fight. He actually hadn't said anything to him in general.

The preacher seemed to get heated about something, his voice got louder and with that even more annoying.
"Jeez, he's disrupting my thoughts." Jay mumbled.

Levi moved a bit and when Jay looked at him he realized he was still awake somehow, or he just got woken up. Levi wasn't paying attention to Jay though, he seemed to... be listening to the preacher?

Jay now suddenly got interested to what the preacher was saying, since it must be something very special if Levi of all people was listening.