Chapter 10

《NICK'S POV》

Nick stared down at Riven's face. All of a sudden he noticed the scar on Riven'a right cheek. He wondered how that happened. Riven's thin lips differed from each other a bit, and Nick immediately wanted to kiss him again.

Actually, he had been wanting to do that ever since he let go of Riven's lips.
"Nick..."
"Hmm?"
"Can you... get the f*ck off me?!"

Suddenly Nick realised what he was doing, and he quickly got up. "Oh. I'm sorry."
He reached out his hand to help Riven up, but he ignored it and got up himself.

"What the hell, Nick. You are seriously so annoying."
He turned around, and walked away, leaving Nick behind with his mind going crazy at the moment.

Nick hesitated for a second, but then followed Riven, who was going to find his locker.
Riven opened it, took some books, and after he closed it again, he saw Nick standing next to me, leaning against the wall, staring at him.

"Leave me alone."
"I'm sorry, okay?"
Riven shook his head. "Sorry? Are you kidding me? This can't be fixed by you just saying sorry. That's not how it works, Nick. Not in the real world."

"Listen, I know I've been irritating you today. But I had to. This is not just about us. If I win this bet we-"
"Today? Do you really think I'm just pissed off about today?"
"Then what are you mad about?"

All of a sudden, Nick realized what he was talking about, and he started smiling. "It's about the kiss, isn't it?"
And when Riven instead of answering, turned his head and looked another way, he was sure.

"Gosh, it's about the kiss. Well, about that. I'm sorry I didn't warn you."
"Yes, of course you should've warned me! It was my first time!"
That made Nick laugh. "Of course it was. It was my first time kissing a guy too."

"GOD NICK, YOU'RE SO STUPID."
Nick frowned. What did he say wrong this time?
"Omg. This wasn't actually... your first kiss, right?"
And when Riven didn't reply: "Sh*t man. I really didn't know. I mean, well..."

Riven took his bag, and simply walked away, leaving Nick behind once again. "F*ck." Nick mumbled. He hadn't made that big of a deal of his first kiss, but if it had been with his male best friend, in front of an entire school class, who were also filming it...

He would've literally wanted to die.

~~~~

"Woah, why does your house seem to get bigger every time I visit?"
Nick stood in the hallway, staring at the huge stairs, mirrors, vases and carpets Riven's home was decorated with.

Riven already walked towards the kitchen, and Nick ran after him.
"You want something to drink?" Riven didn't even look at him. Neither had he done as they got here.
"Sure. You have some beer?"

"A coke will do for now."
Riven handed him a class filled with Coca Cola, and Nick decided I'd be best not to complain right now.
Riven filled his own glass with the same kind of liquid, and then entered the living room.

He sat down at the couch, and Nick did the same. "So, what do you wanna talk about?"
Nick put his long legs on the small table that stood in front of the couch. "I think I am able to speak better after we watched a movie together. What about-"