Chapter 14

《LEVI'S POV》

When Levi moved his face towards the sound, even though he didn't have to do that since he already knew who it was by his voice, he saw Matt, standing on the grass, barefoot, with some drinks in his hands.

"Seems like I interrupted something. I guess I'll come back later."

"No, wait!" Levi quickly got up, and ran after Matt, even though he knew he wouldn't be able to run away from what just happened.

He knew that he would replay it in his mind again and again, until he would go crazy and loose touch of reality.
He looked over his shoulder, and saw that Jay was still sitting at the same spot Levi left him, probably realizing what he had done.

Levi quickly turned his head away, and followed Matt to the pool, where he turned around.
"So, what just happened?"
Levi just shook his head, knowing he'd rather die than have to tell Matt every bit of what they did in detail. And they didn't even do anything. Yet.

"I- I don't know. I guess it was a mistake."
Matt started laughing. "This wasn't a mistake. I know my brother. He doesn't make mistakes. At least not with this kind of stuff."
Levi still tried to deny it, even though it was pretty clear Matt wasn't gonna believe him anyways. "It was!"

"Are you gay?"
"What?!"
Matt shrugged his shoulders. "It was just a question. I mean, it wouldn't change anything if you were. Not between us two, at least."

"I'm not gay! I'm just... Whatever you saw was nothing."
"Are you sure? It sure does sound like something. I mean, if you need to have a conversation about whether you're gay or not, I'm wondering what Jay did this time." Nick had suddenly appeared again, and put his arm around Matt's shoulders while talking, which gave Levi immediate flashbacks to Jay hugging him.

"Both of you shut up." Finally, Jay had decided it was time to come and save Levi from this very uncomfortable situation.
"Ohh, looks like your boyfriend is here. We'll leave you two alone." Matt took Nick with him, whom seemed to just be very confused with everything that was going on.

Jay placed his hand on Levi's shoulder and took a deep breath. "For what just happened... I'm truly sorry. I'm sorry that I keep on apologizing to you too, whenever you're around I just keep doing stupid stuff. And about what just happened... I really wasn't planning on trying to... I mean..."

Levi turned around and walked away. He needed a moment to calm himself down, since he just couldn't breathe normally whenever Jay was around.
This dude was really confusing his feelings, and Levi couldn't stand it.

"Levi!" Matt ran towards him. "What just happened? Did you guys fight? Listen, I'm sorry for interrupting you guys, or embarrassing you in front of my brother's friends. I really didn't intend to do either of those. Ohh, and I told Nick nothing really happened, and that he should leave you alone."
Levi smiled. "It's fine."

Matt looked a bit worried by Levi's timid reaction. "Well... then, don't stay mad at him. He's just a stupid 16 year old, with no manners and an overload of hormones making him not the most stable person right now, but he's actually a really nice guy. I'm sure he didn't mean to hurt your feelings or anything."

"He didn't hurt my feelings. He just..."
Matt raised one eyebrow, waiting for Levi to finish his sentence. "He just what?"
To Levi's surprise, the person who saved him was... his mom.