Chapter 9

《JAY'S POV》

Jay somehow knew Levi was watching him. And when he finally lifted up his head, his gut feeling seemed to have been right once again.
The guy was shamelessly staring at Jay's body, and Jay honestly didn't have a problem with that.

Normally he wouldn't have liked people doing that to him, but this was Levi.
And Levi was different.
He was like... his brother.

Levi's eyes widened as soon as he realised Jay was looking back at him, something that Jay had gotten used to seeing more and more often.
Levi grabbed the curtains and closed them.

Jay smirked. "It's not like you're gonna be able to just act like this never happened."
"Who are you talking to, Jay?"
His stepmom walked into the room, and shook her head when she saw him.

"Jay, get yourself some clothes on. What if the neighbours see you being naked like that?"
"Of course, the neighbours. That's the only reason why we moved here, right?"

"What do you mean?" His stepmom tried to act innocent, but her voice trembled a bit.
"The Anderson family. You seem to like their dad a whole lot, don't you?"
"Jay! That's enough!"

Jay knew he was going too far, but he couldn't stop himself. "Listen, I'm fine with you wanting to f*ck my dad, but you shouldn't chase after any other men at the same time!"
Her answer was a slap in his face.

"Don't come downstairs today. I don't want to see your face."
His stepmom turned around, and left the room.
Jay let himself fall on the bed, staring at his ceiling.

He still needed to unpack his stuff, and do his homework, but he didn't really want to get up.
He knew he was too cruel on his stepmom. She was a bit annoying, but she was trying her best.

He just knew she would never be able to replace his own mom.
Still, he shouldn't be putting such a burden on her. He would try and make up to her later, when she had calmed down.

The door of his room opened, and Matt came inside.
He sat down next to Jay. "I can get you some food, if you're hungry."
Jay shook his head, all of a sudden thankful for his stepbrother. "No thanks. I'm not hungry."

Matt nodded, and then they both just sat there in silence for a few seconds.
"Did you... hear the entire conversation?"
Matt cleared his troath. "I did."
"Aren't you mad at me?"

Matt laughed. "If I would get mad at every stupid thing you have said to my mom, I would never be able to even smile anymore. What you said wasn't very nice, but you were a bit right. And I know you didn't mean most of it."

Jay smiled, not being able to show his gratefulness for his step brother's way of understanding him this well in words. Instead he just put his arm around Matt's shoulder.

They sat like that next to each other, and then Matt got up. "I'm... gonna go. I'll talk to my mom, we'll see what happens afterwards."

He walked towards the door, but turned around and looked at Jay. "Oh, and by the way..."
"What?"
"Take a shower. You smell awful."

~~~~

Levi seriously killed Jay a little bit inside each time he saw him.
Right now he was sitting on a table, next to Matt and the other guy who's name Jay still didn't know.

"Is something wrong?" Felix looked at him thoroughly. "You've been staring at your stepbrother for the duration of the entire lunch break so far."
Jay sighed. "Should I look at those two instead, then?"

They both looked at Riven and Nick.
Nick leaned over the table to feed Riven with his own spoon. Riven shook his head. "You can't do that. Do you know how many bacteria are in the-"