Kittens | Dan x Bailey

[REQUESTED]

Author's Note: I've seen a prompt like this before, but I can't remember where (qwq), but anyways, this ship was requested by AsiniePerson, thank you for requesting! I hope you enjoy!

Also, in my AU, Sabrina and Mila work with animals (and are talented at knowing what they want/need).

THE ORIGINAL PROMPT:

Dan and Bailey are kittens who bond quickly after they met, but-

༶•┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈•༶

[MILA]

I hum quietly as I placed the cardboard boxes on the floor. They were filled with food for the different animals in the pet shop. They all have different needs and likes, which is like us humans, we all like different things in life.

Me and Sabrina are working extra hard today, due to an unarranged placement/package that landed on our doorstep this morning. It was a white box with airholes on the sides, with a large flap covering the top.

Curiously, we had opened it, because there was no labeling on the sides of the box or any kind or packaging stickers, and that there was something inside it that made a crying sound.

It was a ginger kitten, with darker red stripes running down its tiny body. It was mewling pitifully as we picked it up from the box.

"Who would leave their baby kitten here?" Sabrina asked, looking concerned.

"Maybe they couldn't take care of it, that's usually the problem," I reply, gently taking the kitten to the bathing room. It didn't have a collar, unfortunately, which would be a big help to find its owner.

We started to scrub the kitten (cleaning it) with a soft brush. It mewed as the water touched them, drenching its fur.

"I'm pretty sure that it's a female," Sabrina said, looking closely at the kitten.

"We should give it a nickname," I said, which she agreed to.

We decided on the name 'Bailey,' because it sounded like a beautiful name for such a stubborn little kitten (and that she reminded us of an old friend). Which she was, when we tried to dry her off. Her face is adorable when we rub her with the fluffy towel, which fluffed her fur up more.

We decided to keep her away from the other kittens/cats, because we didn't think it was necessary, but she kept mewing when we were about to leave her alone in her play-room.

"Maybe we should put her next to the calico!" Sabrina said. "He's been lonely for all this time, so maybe Bailey could cheer him up!"

I placed Bailey into the closed-off area that held the male calico. He peered cautiously at the ginger cat, backing away slightly until he thumped against the side glass.

"Daniel, this is Bailey! She's new here, would you mind sharing with her for a while until we get her situated?" I asked the small calico. He nodded slightly, still wary of the larger ginger.

If you didn't know, the calico's full name is Daniel, but we usually call him Dan, for short. He has black, white, and brown patches of fur, with a small patch of reddish-orange on his back. He has a friendly composition, which makes him good at making friends. He also reminded us of a friend that we had befriended a while ago.