Study Buddies | Jackson x Miguel

[REQUESTED]

This ship was requested by SapphirecakeYT, hope you enjoy!

; )

Of course, I'm sorry again for changing the prompt slightly, I just needed to add some detail to make the situation a bit more realistic, I guess, even though in COVID-19, you can't hug people...

༶•┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈•༶

"This is so boring!" the cocky, black-haired boy said, leaning back on a wooden chair. The yellow highlighter-haired shook his head slightly, he agreed with the boy about the "boring times in the dorms"... Not that it was bad, but it was pretty boring just hanging out in the dorms with your roommates.

The university that they were staying at had called a lock-down, due to the rising virus (Jackson read in a news article that it was dubbed 'COVID-19' for some strange reason), and only those who were roommates could stay together, but had to wear the surgical mask when going out.

Miguel was bored to death, he wanted to do something fun! Like... like skateboarding down the alleys of the streets, or maybe even trying to get that cute girl back in high school to like him, even though she didn't really like him back-

Oh well, the past is the past.

Jackson tapped lightly on the day-dreaming boy's shoulder, who jerked back to reality, namely, jumping back at his slightest touch. The blonde smiled at this, Miguel really was that tense.

"Don't do that!" Miguel said, his cheeks flaring. Jackson just smiled, he was used to the boy's attitude and all that in this pandemic. He looked over onto their shared desk and saw this post-it note on the computer, in which he took a closer glance.

[JACKSON]

I swear I never saw that note there before, did Miguel write it? I carefully peeled it off, and quietly, while he was day-dreaming again (he always does this, it's his way to cope with boredom), I read it to myself.

"Remind me to study harder for my test tomorrow."

Hmm, I know Miguel doesn't always do the best in school or academics, maybe this is a way I could help him? I mean, even though he can be a pinch-of-a-butt sometimes, he's fun to be around, I've learned that due to staying in this room with him for a few years now.

It was getting dark, and Miguel had fallen asleep already, so bridal-style, I carried the black-haired boy to his own bed, and pulled the covers over. He looks adorable when sleeping, his light-snoring humming in the air, and him curling up in a fetal position, just like that of a tiny child.

I smiled at the boy as I walked to my own bed, pulled the string to the lamp, and fell asleep as the crickets chirped.

The next morning, I woke up with a yawn to see Miguel sitting on the edge of his bed. "Good morning," he called as he saw me wake.

I greeted him, but I questioned him if he needed help on his schoolwork, to which he blushed a bright red.

"Maybe I do?" he said, going to the sink to wash his face. I laughed quietly as he walked back into the room, his face just a slight tint of pink.

So that day, we (well, mostly Miguel did, not me, but I also learned a few new things) studied hard, practicing chemical equations, using variables to determine the values of elements and all that. I'm pretty sure that he'll pass his exam with all the studying we did today.

Miguel looked pretty tired after all that studying, so we decided to call it a day, and that the sun was already setting, making an orange hue in the sky. It looked beautiful, so I called Miguel outside to the balcony of our dorm.

(pretend there's a balcony, okay, I just want to make it cute-)

He rubbed his eyes as he walked outside, but looked slightly happy as we both stared mesmerized at the setting sun in the horizon. When the sun was down, and the darkness illuminated the sky, we both went back inside to our room.

Miguel stopped, then walked over to my bed where I was sitting on, and climbed onto my lap like a kitten, to which I was surprised at.

So for the rest of the time we were awake, we cuddled each other happily. He was just too cute to resist, so I played along, his smile showed it all.