The Red Scarf | Alex x Alec

[REQUESTED]

This ship was requested by xSakuraPetals, thank you for requesting!

Wow, 100 whole pages in this book, I'm amazed that I'm still writing here, but thanks for all the support, it kept me going from then to now !

༶•┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈•༶

[ALEX]

I slightly rolled my eyes at the brunette boy. He always seemed curious and energetic at times, which wasn't much of a problem, more of a small nuisance. Like if you were to show him a butterfly he's never seen before, I swear that he would take up to an hour observing it or something.

But enough of that.

"I really enjoyed hanging out with you, Alex!" he said happily, holding a hand to shake mine. "Maybe we can meet some other time!"

"Fine, I guess I'll meet you tomorrow," I mutter as I left the shelter. I'm very fond of animals, but I prefer not to show it. I especially enjoy helping raise them to get good homes for every single one of them. Alec worked at the shelter part-time, so I occasionally see him most of my visits.

I walk down the street and watch the leaves float down to the ground, some landing together in a small pile or far apart. I sat down on my porch steps and watched the trees wave in the wind. It felt kind of relaxing, forgetting much of my thoughts.

"Alex!" I heard a voice coming down the street, which I turn my head to. It was Alec again. What does he want this time?

He takes a rest, panting hard from running down the street. I watch his burgundy-red scarf flutter in the wind as he spoke, "I just wanted to ask you a small question if you're not bothered..."

He looked all red in the face, I couldn't tell if it was from running or about the question he was about to ask. "Go on, I'm listening," I respond calmly.

"W-well...," he paused, "d-do you..."

He kept stuttering while he talked, which really got in my nerves. "Spill already!" I said, annoyed. I clapped my mouth shut, my words didn't come out the way I wanted it to. Alec suddenly looked frightened at the sound of my voice, and I immediately felt bad for him. "Sorry, I didn't mean it, I'm just in a bad mood," I said, rubbing the back of my neck.

A bit flustered, he continued, "Well, are you okay with people who aren't straight or the right gender they were born with? You know, like people who are gay or transgender people?"

He sounded like he was joking, but by the look on his face, I could tell he wasn't. "Yeah, of course I am. Anybody can love or be whoever they want to be, I don't mind at all about that."

"R-really? So... what if I said that I just came out as homosexual...?"

"As I said, you can be whoever you want to be, I support you fully," I said, folding my hands together and leaning back. At my words, he looked as if I just held a huge surprise party for him, in other words, overjoyed. I invited him to sit down next to me on the porch, and he obliged.

After a few minutes of us just sitting there doing nothing, Alec suddenly wrapped his red scarf around my neck. "What are you doing?" I questioned, touching the soft fabric.

He shrugged as he said, "I am sharing my scarf with you, you look a bit cold..."

How did he know? I mean, I was a bit chilled around the neck and ears, the scarf helped a lot. "Well, thanks, but don't you need to wear it too?"

He shook his head. "I don't need it right now, besides, you need it a lot more than I do. It's the least I can do!" He smiled brightly after finishing his sentence, which gave me the urge to smile back.

He then spoke, "I enjoyed all the times we have together, Alex! But I have something to confess..."

But what really made my heart pause was his next few words, "I really like you, and I truly mean it, I know you probably won't like me back for being annoying and all that, but I know I'll always be happy with you around!" ♥️