Those Eyes of Yours | Austin x Odette

[Requested by HeartBoxAnnie]

Another new rarepair I see :D

Thank you for requesting, I hope you enjoy this!!
It's a soulmate au I've never gotten around to writing lol

In this AU, your eyes matches those of your soulmate's. You both have matching eye colors. Not everyone gets this treatment though, only a select few. It's an ancient tale...

•----------------------------------------------------•

[Incorrect Quote]

Cody: Look at me straight in the eyes and tell me the truth, Josh!

Joshua: You can't expect me to look into your eyes and be straight.

•----------------------------------------------------•

[ODETTE]

"Indah!" I said, somewhat irritated by the girl's antics. She was all bubbly and giggling like she had just heard the funniest joke in the world.

"Aren't you at all interested?" she asked. "Knowing that somebody is waiting for you somewhere by fate..."

I run a hand through my tangled locks. No way that an ancient saying that everyone believes is true. Just because my eyes looked way different from my family doesn't mean I got a soulmate.

I've had heterochromia in both my eyes for my whole life, possibly way back since I was born. My right eye is a darkened brown, matching with my family, but the left is a warm orange, a shade lighter than those of autumn leaves.

I always thought it looked horrible, but everyone has said that it made me look special. That's why most of my photos have me with my left eye closed, or in some cases, both closed. I didn't want anybody to notice the freakish disorder that messed up my eyes. From then on, I decided to wear contacts to cover them, hoping that nobody would take a closer eye and see.

AN: to anybody who feels this way, please know that you all are beautiful. Don't listen to anyone who says otherwise.

Indah, my younger sister, decided to search it up online. And she found this ancient soulmate story that, if you are born with multicolored eyes, your eyes will be the colors of your soulmate's eyes. She's been bugging me everyday about it, thinking I would finally get love in my life.

Since when did I not have love in my life?
I wanted to scream and kick the wall in frustration.

I sigh, trying my very hardest to ignore her. I was interested in old tales, but not to the point that I'm desperately waiting for somebody to sweep me off my feet like a helpless maiden.

Everyone kept telling me the same story, even the doctors who are supposed to know everything! Of course I'm annoyed.

The essay I was writing for my college class was sitting there, waiting for me to continue writing more details. Ugh, I couldn't think straight with that story lingering in my head.

The essential questions dotted my vision in the meanwhile, sitting in the back of my mind as I tried to reason myself.

What makes you think this way? Explain your reasoning in detail using evidence from the text.