Birthday Surprise | Qasim x Jackson

[REQUESTED]

This ship was requested by Jumbl3, thank you for requesting! Hope you enjoy!

Requests are now reopened for business, and already I have a few requested, how are you guys so fast-

Anyways, I prefer if you request on the request page, since it helps me not to misplace where yours is located (yeah, I forget very easily, so sorry if I miss yours). In other words, I will read all requests from my notifications, but if it's on a different page other than the request page, then I won't remember much details about your request. Thanks ^_^

༶•┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈•༶ 

[QASIM]

It is Jackson's birthday in a couple of days, and I am stoked for it. I planned a whole party for him, it made me excited just thinking about it. Why, you may ask?

Well, it's just that every year, he is the one to celebrate. He sets up all these huge parties on my own birthday, every single year. I never really cared about parties, but it's always been fun with my best friend around. This year, I thought, why not do the opposite and make a party for him instead? He would love it!

I had called my sister, Haneen, over and asked if she could help with certain things for the party. She was delighted at the news, and agreed to bring decorations and certain other necessities. I decided to make a cake for Jackson, decorating it yellow, his signature color. Banana boy.

Unfortunately for me, the cake was sort of a disaster. I accidentally turned it lopsided, it seemed droopy on the right side. I set it on the counter to cool, then spread the frosting over it. It covered the mistakes I did. Thank goodness.

Haneen came rushing into the kitchen. "Are you done with the cake?" she asked, and she smiled when I showed her the yellow sponge cake and replied, "Yep!"

"Well, the others called. Jackson will be here sooner than expected, so we better step up our game," she said, turning a bit more serious.

I nodded. "I really do hope he likes the surprise, it would truly make my day if he does."

She laughed. "I'm pretty sure he'd enjoy the surprise in any case."

I hugged my sister then rushed to get ready. Place the presents on the table, get the table utensils out, set up the table cloth. Flowers, flowers, flowers. Especially buttercups. Plentiful of buttercups. My friends helped set up everything, which I was grateful for. We all wore nice clothing for these kinds of special occasions.

Miguel came through the door, halfway into wearing a classy jacket. "He's coming!" he hissed, struggling to wear the jacket in such as rush. The others looked slightly alarmed, but we all kept our cool. They ducked behind the countertop, and we dimmed the lighting. It was all quiet, quiet that you could hear a pin drop.

Jackson knocked on the door and rattled the handle softly. He opened the door and looked around curiously. "Why are all the lights out?"

He turned to flick on the light switch, and as he did, we jumped out of hiding and yelled, "Surprise! Happy birthday, Jackson!"

He looked extremely surprised, and excited as we dragged him across the room. "C'mon, birthday boy, let's see that smile!" I teased, ruffling his blonde hair. He laughed at the motion, struggling to get away. He did so, rushing across the room after escaping my grip.

I smiled to myself as I watched the party go to full swing. I watched as Amani and Elaina set Jackson up for "Pin the Tail on the Donkey," and spun him round and round. He dizzily pinned the tail on the face, making everyone laugh.

He opened presents soon after, aweing over every single thing he got with a smile. He thanked everyone, then we had cake. Jackson blew out the candles, and cut us each a slice. Surprisingly, it didn't taste as bad as I thought, and I watched as some other guests finished their cake pieces and asked for seconds. Jackson happily cut them another slice, and everybody seemed content.

"This is the best birthday party ever!" Jackson cheered, sitting down next to me.

"I'm glad you liked it, but I still have one more thing for you," I said.

He looked at me, tilting his head. "What?" he questioned, and I smiled once again. I leaned closer and kissed him lightly on the cheek. His hand went up to his face where I kissed him, and I could see his cheeks flaring.

"Happy birthday, Jackson," I whispered, and he wrapped his arms around my shoulders, then quickly pecked my cheek in response.

"Thanks," he said, "I'm really glad we're friends."

"Me too, Jack. Me too."