Just a Friend | William x John

[REQUESTED]

I haven't been writing for months now, and that's probably due to my lack of focus and procrastination, I apologize. Requests are semi-open while I somehow get the motivation to finish..

I hope you enjoy, this might me a bit shaky as to me haven't been writing stuff about Flicker in particular, as I am losing interest, but I'll get to it soon enough if I can

༶•┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈•༶

This ship is requested by Amethyst_Flicker !

NOTE: Prompt is based on the oneshot with William and Carlos, but with a bit of tragedy, so be aware. Also, William's last name in this oneshot is Rosa, NOT CANON. So William Rosa.

༶•┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈•༶

[WILLIAM]

I watched the birds chirp solemnly outside, and took a deep sigh. What went wrong in life? One moment, he was alive, and another, he's just... gone.

Everything seemed dim and barely cheerful. I couldn't focus on anything I tried, and it didn't help that all the songs playing on the radio had some bit of a sad part to them.

I laid on the greyed grass near the gravestone, and eyed the sky above. Cloudy and grey like it always had been.

I whispered, "Why... why did you leave me now? I can't do anything without you.. you were my best friend, and I... I can't do this anymore.."

The grass nearby swayed in response, and I blinked. I placed a small rose on the grave, then guided myself out of the yard. Day after day made this activity more depressing.

My parents took me into the art of therapy and psychological classes due to my sudden mood swings. Can I really help it though with my friend gone from the world?

I arrived to class, quiet as ever. I think that nobody wanted to be with me to catch my "depressive state," which I didn't have a care about. I didn't want to talk, I just wanted to get through life.

I didn't see my usual tutor, but instead saw a boy of my age walk in front of the class.

"Hi everybody! I'm an assistant to your usual teacher, so I'll be teaching for today. My name is Dr. Johnson, but you can call me John," he said cheerfully. He tapped a pen against his clipboard. "So let's get started where he left off."

Low and behold, I somehow managed to focus and actually got time to think about the topic, unlike usual class sessions. Why was this different? I asked myself, but obviously, I didn't know. I was taking this class to know the answer. It is psychology that teaches us how the mind worked and yeah, you know the rest.

(I actually am taking Psychology this year, so maybe I can relate-)

"Good work, Mr. Rosa!" he said, walking behind me. "You seem to be working very hard."

I turned away from his glance. I didn't care, I didn't notice, I didn't see..

It was hard to hide it though. I was a mess. My face felt hot and red, unlike any feeling I felt before. I excused myself to get a drink of water. I walked out of class and felt the fresh air.

It felt nice for once, and I don't know how to explain, but the birds sounded cheerful with their chirps, as if it was a sign from heaven. I smiled for the first time in weeks.

I walked back into class and I bet that everyone could tell something was different with me. I didn't have a care in the world what others thought, so I ignored them. Dr. Johnson noticed my bright composure and came over to the table.

"Mr. Rosa, I see something happened. Would you like to talk about it?" he said with a smile. Was I ever!

We pulled into a corner and he listened to every word I spoke. I then told him about the death of my friend, which had me crying my eyes out after the reminder. He patted me gently on the back, in a soothing tone. "There, there, it's okay, it's okay.."

"He was my friend, and he was always there for me.. but I wasn't there for him... I'm a horrible friend..," I sniffed, taking off my glasses to wipe my eyes. I couldn't help it, as I said before, I'm an emotional mess.

"You did all you could, it's not your fault," he quietly said, letting me take my time. I cried for the next few minutes, and then wiped my tears away.

"Th-thank you...," I mumbled as he handed me my glasses. 

He gave a small comforting smile. "I'm glad you're feeling alright.. I know losing a loved one is horrible, I've experienced it a few times before in the past. But someone told me that it's always better to talk to someone in times like this, it really helps.."

He leaned against my shoulder, and, in some sort of protective way and without thinking, I placed one arm around his. He glanced over curiously at what I had just done, just as I was giggling to myself.

"Something on your mind?" he said questioningly.

I smiled. "Just a psychological thing, nothing else."

He laughed as he said, "So you have been paying attention to class! I'm glad to hear of it!"

We laughed and joked for the rest of the class period. Nobody cared really, but I knew I was one lucky person.