Dinner Date | Jian x Minji

[REQUESTED]

This ship was requested by MinjiKxm, thanks for requesting, hope you enjoy!

Also, in the above picture, I'm in the background, dead as well, lmao, rip-

༶•┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈•༶

[MINJI]

I flick my fingers impatiently while waiting for my friend to come. I just get impatient sometimes on certain occasions, it's a habit of mine that I need to get over. Just then, I perked up to see my best friend from childhood, Jian.

I've known him throughout our childhood years, going to highschool, and then through college. Of course, we weren't put together in college, but we hang out together whenever we have free time. During these years, we've bonded much closer, and... I'll have to admit it, I always appreciated his company, even if we do something dumb or stupid, we never see things that way.

I snapped back at the sound of his voice. "You okay?"

"Y-yeah, I'm fine," I nod my head slightly, a bit dazed from overthinking. Stupid emotions.

"It is beautiful outside," he says softly, to which I nod and turn to look. It was nice to be out in the cool evening air at this time. The raven-haired clicked his tongue, to which I turned to look, and I jumped back slightly at the sight of the blondish-pink haired-waiter, who was patiently waiting for me to answer.

"What would you like to order, ma'am?" they asked, tapping the pen to the clipboard in their hands. Out of embarrassment, I pointed at a random item on the menu, slightly stuttering. I could hear Jian's soft laughter, to which I turned my head in a sulking manner.

"You're into spice, aren't you?" he whispers after the waiter left our table.

"Shut up," I mutter under my breath, with a slight red-tint forming on my cheeks. No way was I going to admit that I disliked spicy things to him, even if he was my best friend.

"Sorry if I'm interrupting anything here," said the same, exact waiter from earlier coming up to our table, making a shiver go up my spine AGAIN.

I'm never this tense, keep it together!, I tell myself.

"No, you aren't," Jian calmly responds, to which the waiter softly laughs in return.

I felt a bit of jealousy pinch me at the sight of the two. But I try and keep it cool, taking heavy breaths, which made Jian turn to me in concern. "Is something the matter, Minji?"

"No," I lie, putting up a small, fake smile. Jian nodded slightly, but kept staring at me with a look of small disbelief.

"Oh, sorry for not introducing myself!" the waiter suddenly says, smiling at me. "My name is Lassi, it's very nice to meet you!"

"Yeah, you too," I mutter, but I felt cold and jealous towards the blonde-haired waiter.

I can't help but feel that way, I never felt this before... I mean, I've seen Jian hanging out with other girls and boys, but... I've never really felt that envious about it until now...

Am I starting to like him or something?

Jian continues to speak with Lassi, making them giggle and him laugh. I turned away from the both of them, hoping that Lassi would go away. They did, and I was very thankful at that.

"Minji? Is something the matter?" Jian asks, a hint of disbelief hanging in his voice.

I didn't know how to tell him, I didn't want to straight up yell in his face, "I LIKE YOU, OKAY?!" or "I'M JEALOUS OF YOUR NEW DATE, THAT'S WHAT!"

I just looked down with watery eyes, and slowly get up from the table, walking out of the restaurant and sitting down on a wooden bench. I saw two hands holding onto mine, then look up to see Jian sitting quietly next to me, looking at me.

"Hey, is something the matter? Please tell me," he whispers with sympathy, looking with his bright green eyes.

I blink back the tears in the corner of my eyes, and whisper, "I may be a fool for admitting this, but... I've been growing feelings for you..."

"...I've never felt this way, this... jealousy..." I stutter, then start sobbing. Jian carefully stroked my long black hair back as I cried into his shoulder, it felt soothing against the pain I felt.

"Why would I be with anyone else?" he asked as he continued to stroke my hair and shoulders. "We've known each other since childhood, and I would've never learned to be open to others without you..."

"You were just talking to the waiter, laughing and smiling, and I was jealous... jealous that you never acted that way near me..."

"That was my friend, but they know about us hanging out together like this, and besides, we aren't a match for each other," he says quietly. He continues, "On the other hand, you're always the one pushing me to talk to others, to gain more friends, to be optimistic about life... that's why I like you..."

I was shocked to hear this, but happy. I never really stopped to hear his feelings, and I'm regretting that... but I'm really glad that he understands.

"Y-you really like me?" I ask, to which he smiled.

"Of course I do, Minji," he says.

To this, I respond by throwing my arms around his shoulders and hugging him, fueled by the evening breeze and the sparkle in his eyes.

"Love you too..."