Chapter 54

"Are you alright? "

Hinata nodded as she slid down the lenght of the tree in her exhaustion. She had no idea what time it was, but the position of the sun let her know that it was late into the afternoon. How long had she been training with Athena? She was surprised she lasted as long as she did. Athena had to be holding back on her. She wouldn't be capable of keeping pace with her if she wasn't. She tried her best, but she couldn't beat her, not that she ever thought she could. She sighed and rested her head on her pulled up knees. She needed some water and a break.

"Water?" Athena seemed to have read her mind as a bottle of water materialized in her hand. She pressed it against Hinata's cheek, chuckling when the girl flinched at the low temperature of the liquid.

"Thank you"

Athena only nodded and sat down in front of the Hyuga. She kept her eyes on her, staring as she usually did. She tended to do it a lot. Nowadays she just does it to see the redness that would spread across Hinata's cheeks. It was an adorable sight and one she took great pleasure in. Hinata would always avert her eyes when she was embarrassed, apparantly not having the strenght to retain eye contact. But then she would always look back. It was never for a long. A few seconds at most. The blush on her face would intensify and the smile on Athena's face would grow.

"This is fun"

"This is embarrassing"

"Is it? "Athena leaned closer, her smile still present. "How come?"

Hinata didn't bother answering. It was very clear that Athena was teasing her. Next to that she made the mistake of making eye contact. There is a reason she always looks away when Athena stares. She just can't handle it. Those amber eyes just focus on her with such an  intensity that just sends the blood to her face and makes her dizzy. A look from Athena alone was enough for her to lose consciousness, so she always looks away.

Athena hummed as she leaned away from Hinata. She didn't want her passing out, as amusing as it was.

"You're adorable"

Hinata looked away again, pulling her hood over her head as she leaned against the tree behind her. She sighed as she felt the heat slowly leaving her face.

"Do we start training again? "

Athena shook her head no.

"What now, then? "

Athena's eyes were on her. They were as intense as every, but slightly different. It was only to a moment, however. Athena had looked away instead staring at the clear sky.

"We relax, I suppose. There is no need to overwork ourselves" to emphasize her statement Athena fell back into the fluffy grass with a sigh. In her new position she spotted Kakashi reading Icha Icha paradise with all his focus. She chuckled. She wondered if he would be able to dodge a stone in his current state of focus.

"Please don't throw anything at Kakashi" Hinata voiced in worry as she looked between Athena and their jonin teacher. "He's enjoying himself"

"You seriously know me better than I thought" Athena said, sounding impressed.

"I just pay a lot of attention is all" Hinata mumbled.

"Oh? "Athena immediately sat up with a smile. "I didn't know you paid such close attention to me"

Hinata walked right into that one, didn't she? She shouldn't have said that at all. Why would she do that to herself?

"Your face is red" Athena pointed out.

"I-"

Athena chuckled again and fell back into the grass.

"I won't tease you"