Chapter 52

Danzō Shimura was or is an elder of Konohagakure. As the founder and leader of Root, Danzō gained notoriety as The Darkness of the shinobi because of his frequent unsanctioned actions and his often-suspected undermining of specific Konoha personnel. Despite his decades of suspicious deeds, Danzō only ever acted in what he believed were the village's best interests. He was appointed the Sixth Hokage Candidate after Pain's assault on the village. That was in Athena's honest opinion the stupidest thing anyone could ever do. To think they would deem Danzo worthy of such a title despite the suspicion that surrounds him. They truly are worthless fools. Prior to being inaugurated officially into this post, Danzō would flee the Five Kage Summit and died in battle against Sasuke Uchiha at the Samurai Bridge.

Good riddance.

Athena had that thought in mind as she watched a scene she hated most of all. She hated Danzo like everyone else who knew of his schemes, especially after he so cruelly took Shisui's eye before he could activate the mangekyo to try to persuade his clan members to avoid the plan. It hurt to watch and it must be far worse for Sasuke.

Athena chanced a look at him and found him clenching his fists so tightly his nails dug into his palms and drew blood. He looked angry beyond belief at what he was seeing. The fact that he could do nothing about it made his rage and sorrow even worse. How dare that bastard take Shisui's eye? He realized  why he had such a sinking feeling when he observed the meeting between Shisui, the Hokage and the three counsel members. Danzo was there and at the mention of Shisui using his Mangekyo  on the clan he reacted. He didn't like his reaction. He had a seriously bad feeling. He knew then a there that Shisui had made a mistake in revealing his secret to them. To him.

He was so close. Shisui was about to commence his plan,  but he was attacked by Danzo's ANBU and soon Danzo himself. Sasuke already hated that bastard but he considered his words. Shisui's plan could and most likely would have worked but how long will things remain calm? He would only stop the coup for this instance. This one time, but it could transpire again. As long as the Uchiha exist the village is in danger of such an act. Sasuke considered this despite him not wanting to. He rembered his father's behaviour. He hates the village. As much as this version  of him hates the leaf. What if he tries to pull this off again? What if it can't be avoided again? What happens then?

Was Danzo right?

Of course not. The clan did not have  to die. There was no need to go that for. There were other options. There is always another way. His reality is proof of that and if something like this were to happen again, he would try to stop it. He knew what could happen now he'll do anything to prevent it. Danzo was wrong. There was no need to consider his words further. He was just a power hungry bastard that thought  he knew how to use the Sharingan better than an Uchiha.

Danzo was a damn coward that knew  he could not take Shisui on his own. He didn't have the guts to fight one of one.

"He took his eye" Sasuke muttered in disbelief as he watched Danzo almost effortlessly snatch out Shisui's eye. The sight sickened him. He couldn't imagine the pain of having his eye so suddenly taken from him. "How dare he take his eye? "

"Danzo is a bastard that deserves to die the most slow and painful death" Athena spoke her voice adopting a familiar dark edge.

"We have to do something " Sasuke made to move when Danzo sent his ANBU after the retreating Shisui.

"We can do nothing" Athena said as she watched sadly. "I can only observe for now. I haven't figured out how to actually involve myself"

"You can't?"

"Sadly. I've had my eyes for years, but I'm still learning about them. I frequent these blue eyes because they are very versatile  and more involved with entering the mind and viewing different times amongst other things"