Chapter 16

She had forgotten what is was like to sleep. The calm it brought when it was not plagued by nightmares of all kinds. When was the last time she slept through a night? She couldn't remember. Whenever she closes her eyes images flash before her. Images she does not want to see. Her sleep is always plagued and cut short. She never really got a good night of sleep. She was always afraid of what she would see. She was afraid of what could happen to her when her eyes were closed and her guard was down. It is was what lead to her insomnia. Just another illness on top of the pile she had constructed.

She felt satisfied when she had open her eyes. Her eyes stung with the remnants of tears however. She was comfortable and warm. She hadn't felt that in a while. It was something she only felt around Hinata. She was half expecting to find the shy girl. Instead she was met with the familiar face of Tsunade. She had blinked to get the sleep out. The events of the day suddenly hit her full force. She gasped and almost fell out of her mother's arms. Tsunade reacted quickly and held her tightly. She could see the immediate worry on the woman's face. She looked away. She was still getting used to such an emotion being directed at her. Only a small set of people gave her that look. Including a apologetic Itachi.

Her training with him went surprisingly well. He never once returned her to his dark genjutsu. His way of teaching was odd, but it worked. He never really instructed her in anything. He just did things and she would have to figure it out. It was frustrating but it worked. She learned to dispel genjutsu on her first day after all. Even though it was a terrifying experience. Soon he taught her how genjutsu was created. Well he didn't really teach her. He only told her to imagine. What was she supposed to do with that info. Turns out that if she released her chakra into her surroundings and imagine something, the person who was accidentally affected by her chakra would see and experience it. It was a learning experience. She still felt bad for little Sasuke.

She snapped out of her thoughts when she was shifted in the arms she found herself in. She realized that she was in contact. With another human. She had tensed and squirmed at first, but Tsunade was not letting go of her. Slowly she calmed and enjoyed the warmth she felt. It was comforting. Like Hinata.

"Are you alright? "

She nodded and returned her head to their place on her mother's impressive breasts. From such a position she could see her father watching her with tender eyes. He had a small smile of content on his face as he did. The tender look was another thing Athena was unused to. She could not meet the man's eyes.

"Did you sleep well? "

"Yes" Athena breathed. "Surprisingly" she had a dreamless sleep. No nightmares. That was new and welcome. She felt better. Like a weight was finally off her shoulder. Her eyes weren't as tired and she felt more energized. It was a welcome feeling.

"How so? "

Athena glanced at her mother. Worry had returned. She looked away promptly after. She didn't answer the question and just stared at her father who did the same. She didn't want to talk about her sleep disorder. She'd rather not talk about any of her disorders.

"Athena "

"I don't want to talk about it"

She was shifted again. This time she was being held in front of Tsunade. Face to face. She was really small. She was reminded of that. Her mother's eyes met hers in a stare. It was an odd stare. It was somewhat commanding, yet gentle. It was a look she could not disobey. She tried to look away, but could not. Most looks don't effect her. She could care less sometimes. But the way her mother looked at her made her feel weird.

"I have a sleep disorder " she suddenly spilled. She could take the stare no longer. The second those words left her mouth Tsunade's eyes softened in worry and sorrow.