Chapter 62

I literally fell off the face of the earth, huh

Sorry for disappearing again and I'm sorry to say that I might do it again with the way I am. I haven't been feeling myself lately so it was hard to write and really took some time to write just a mere 2000 words for this chapter. I don't like the idea of dropping my stories so I will continue though my updates will be rather pathetic. For now that's all I have to say for myself and I'll try to be more frequent.

-----------

Sasuke stood looking up at the building that Athena had quite literally pulled out of the ground just by placing her hands on the earth. He had known that she was quite powerful and he had seen her in action, but seeing her sprout an entire building, and one of this size no less, was almost unbelievable to him. The academy building was almost three times bigger than what it had been and somehow there was more than enough space for training grounds and obstacle courses, all of which Athena proceeded to add onto later. She stood overlooking the building with him, her eyes evaluating and calculating, but also proud of her achievement. She glanced at him, lips slowly tilting up to a smile, one that was somewhat teasing as she observed him amazed expressing.

"Please do pick your jaw up off the ground before you swallow a fly, Sasuke," she said almost harmonious, her smile growing just slightly when the boy looked to her, almost blushing in embarrassment.

"Why are you so strong?" He had been asking this question for a while now and this is the only time he had voiced it to Athena herself.

"I wonder as well" Athena chuckled at the question. She too had wondered why she had been so gifted in this world, why she was suddenly so lucky, so fortunate. She often holds answers to many questions, but this is one she cannot answer, one she will most likely never find the answer to.

"This is huge" Naruto craned his neck to see the very top of the academy building, his eyes watering when his vision was blocked by the sun.

Hinata was silent, observing in wonder as everyone else and having no words to say, none to express what she was feeling. She shouldn't be surprised by this, she shouldn't be surprised by Athena's skill when it comes to things one would think unimaginable, yet she was. She was surprised and amazed and impressed and many other things. She was so strong, stronger than her, stronger than anyone she had met before and she wished to be on that level someday. Could she? Could she be as strong as her or Naruto? Could she be a skilled ninja, one to look up to and respect like Lady Tsunade, Jiraiya, and Kakashi?

Her first thoughts were no, of course not, she wasn't like them, she wasn't what people expect of a ninja, she wasn't what a ninja should be. This had always been her thought process, those thoughts only changing when Athena offered encouragement. She seemed to be the only one who truly believed in her, not her father, not her sister, but Athena. Even her father doubts her abilities due to her gentle nature and Neji openly belittled her lack of resolve.

"What are you thinking about?"

Hinata blinked in surprise, stumbling back with Athena's sudden appearance just in front of her. The young Senju peered at her in question and slight worry as she let her regain her composure and take the time to answer the question.

"Nothing"

"Now that's a lie, you can't be thinking of nothing because that is impossible," Athena said matter of factly. "And you're thinking of something that upsets you"

Nothing was said, for she didn't know what to say in reply to that. Though she did wonder how Athena knew what she was thinking about.

"You're quite adorable when your upset, almost pouting really, so it's hard for me not to notice and as much as I enjoy looking at you and how precious all your expressions are, I don't exactly like seeing you upset"