Chapter 29

Chakra control was hard, but Naruto had managed to get a grasp of it. He wasn't a master at it. Tsunade pointed that out. He couldn't be when his chakra was so big. He would learn to master chakra control. Athena could easily control her chakra and he knew she had massive chakra reserves as well. If she could do it, surely he could with enough practice. With hard work and determination anything could be achieved. So he would practice everyday. He could easily walk on trees and water. What he could not do, for the life of him, was heal a fish. Tsunade had told him that medical ninjutsu required a higher level of control. When he had asked how long it had taken Athena to heal the fish he received two days as an answer. Athena had practically perfect chakra control even as a five year old. Naruto knew he would not be capable of healing the fish in two days. He would try to reach that milestone as soon as he could though.

Tsunade had given him a giant book to read. He did read it, but it took him three weeks to finish it. He would spend most of his day reading and go to bed early in the morning. Even asleep he was training. His mother was still teaching him sealing techniques and some of her jutsu. She had told him that she would teach him how to manifest chakra chains soon. He looked forward to that lesson. The chains were the Uzumaki clan's ultimate jutsu. He wondered if Athena could learn it too. He did know that the Uzumaki clan is the only one to use the chains, but it was not a kekkei genkai. It's a hidden or secret technique.

Secret techniques are passed down from generation to generation in certain regions or clans.The groups who possess these techniques are usually extremely secretive about them in order to ensure that no one other than the members of the group or clan learns them. As such, they are passed down through oral means instead of being written down or recorded. A few hiden techniques require a special ability or lineage and as such are usually the pride and fame of the clan that possesses them.

In other words, someone outside the clan could learn the technique if they somehow had the required special ability. Someone would need to inform them of how to use the technique.

Naruto was told that Kushina also trained Athena, so he knew she could tell her if she wanted to. He knew Athena would be able to learn it. She's very talented and she does have Uzumaki blood in her veins.

A hand on his head snapped the blonde out of his thoughts. She looked up to find a curious Shizune. He had been staring at the same page of his book for over twenty minutes.

"Are you alright, Naruto? "

The boy nodded and flipped the page of his book. He was rereading The Tails Of A Gutsy Ninja. He had read it an uncountable amount of time already. He really loved the book and wished to read Jiraiya's new novel whenever it was released. But he was always told that it was not kid friendly.

Stupid Pervysage.

"I thought for sure you would be off on your own practicing " Tsunade suddenly appeared in the room that was assigned to him. She was used to Athena leaving without a word. She somehow expected the same from the boy.

"I was going to, but then I got into my book" Naruto motioned to the book he was reading.

"Isn't that Jiraiya's book? "

Naruto nodded. "The tail of a gutsy ninja"

"Ah, you were named after the main character " Tsunade read a couple of sentences of the current page. She never took the time to read Jiraiya's book, so she couldn't understand why Minato and Kushina would name the boy after the main character. When she first heard of the decision she thought they were joking. Apparently they were not.

"Have you read it? It's really cool"

"No I haven't. I don't really have an interest in it"

"Oh. Well that's fine. Everyone likes different things" Naruto shrugged and flipped another page.