chapter 4

Athena was going through a mix of emotions as she sat facing the Hyuga clan leader. She held her tiny cup of tea in both hands and was just staring down at it. She was deep in thought and wasn't paying attention to the conversation being held by the adults. Her thumbs moved over the smooth surface of the warm cup. It felt oddly calming.

The thing or person that was bothering her was Hiashi Hyuga. She knew everything there was to know about him. He was the Hyuga clan leader, obviously. He had a twin brother that was jealous of his position. Of the main branch. Things between them were tense for years. The hate Hizashi felt for his brother traveled over to his daughter as well. Once he glared at her full of killing intent. That was a step too far and he was screaming in pain when Hiashi activated the seal on his forehead. At first Athena didn't really know where to place Hiashi. Was he good or bad? His brother seemed like a bad person to her at first but when she found out that he had sacrificed himself to save the clan that opinion changed. Hiashi was then dubbed as a good man in her mind when she found out that he had pursued and killed the man that kidnapped Hinata. He was also against his brother giving his life for him showing that he was a family man. Her ideas of Hiashi shifted again once she noticed how Hinata was being treated. She didn't like it and Hiashi didn't seem to be doing much about it. In fact he was the one pushing her the most. When he disinherited her for losing a fight against her sister Athena was pissed at him. Then the very mixed feelings began. He showed to have cared very deeply for his daughter and was very sad about the decision to disinherit her. It wasn't his , so much as the elders decision. So he had a good heart, but did not go against his clan for his daughter. That left Athena with a strong dislike, but also a strong like towards the man.

As said very mixed feelings.

She sipped her tea , a thoughtful look never leaving her face. She wondered where Hinata was. Probably training. Maybe she could help her train sometime. When she learned at least a bit of Tai jutsu she would be happy to help the shy girl.

"Athena"

Athena glanced at Kakashi, who sat next to her. She raised an eyebrow and Kakashi motioned towards Hiashi. Athena Turned her gaze to the man and only stared blankly.

"You haven't said a word since we got here. It would be rude not to at least greet the man"

Athena again sipped her tea, this time not taking her eyes off the adult. She sighed once the tea went down her throat and bowed her head slightly to show some respect. She may be neutral about the man but she at least had respect for him.

"I apologize Mr. Hyuga, I wasn't trying to be rude or anything. I just have mixed feelings and was - am trying to work through them" Athena, not one to lie told the truth.

"It's alright. I have heard about you. I have to say I am quite fascinated " The Hyuga smiled. It was a kind smile,  Athena noted to herself  "I hope you do not mind me asking what you have mixed feelings about"

Athena drank some more tea. "In all honesty my entire situation is what is giving me mixed feelings" She said. "But right now I have and always had mixed feeling about you. Again not to be rude"

"Me? "

"Yes"

"Why? "

"Because of the way you are or were or will be. The way you let Hinata be treated, the way you treated your brother, the way you do everything those stupid elders say. It made me develop a strong dislike towards you. In the future you do something that really pisses me off and all I wanted to do was hit something or someone at home at how stupid and idiotic you were being" Athena glared at the ground as she held the cup in her hands tighter